The other Olympics

For 51 Billion you could do a lot of good. Make some really beneficial changes. But fark no - let's spend it on an sporting contest! This planet is seriously ****** up.

Does that include the money they bribed paid the IOC?

For 51 Billion you could do a lot of good. Make some really beneficial changes. But fark no - let's spend it on an sporting contest! This planet is seriously ****** up.

You think wasting that money on those games is stupid.  I agree.

However what really screws up this planet is that fact that we have rich and poor, people who take everyone else's money and hide it away in banks and no one else can have it, despite the fact they do not need it.  The fact you have Hollywood actors who get paid 10-20 mill a film for doing basically jack all.  The fact you have governments spending billions and billions of dollars every year to run massive war machines.  The fact that billions of dollars are spent on NASA so they can look at some stars and tell us there are water molecules in space while they struggle to find water in Africa because no one will spend money sorting that out.
Yeah but let's have a go at the Olympics and ignore the rest.

Considering he posted it in the olympic thread, what exactly was wrong with his post?

Wasn't having a go at 'Boot, sorry if it came across that way.

Looking forward to it, like all the events that have already been mentioned and like that the competitors almost always seem fearless, which never ceases to amaze me.

Hope the 10 coverage is better than woeful coverage served up by 9 for the summer Olympics.

Wasn't having a go at 'Boot, sorry if it came across that way.

For what it's worth, I share your view.

Still stuff all snow in Sochi and currently 13 degrees. The Russians have stockpiled millions of tonnes of last years snow and Putin will use the army to ensure there is enough snow at the games

The sooking about the gay laws in Russia and the Olympics is ridiculous. No one said anything about the games being in China, or the Commonwealth games in India.

The sooking about the gay laws in Russia and the Olympics is ridiculous. No one said anything about the games being in China, or the Commonwealth games in India.

You what now? There was a lot of protest.

And no-one said anything about the commonwealth games being in anywhere, because nobody cares.

Judges ■■■■■■■ over Scotty James

Wait...has this thing actually started?

Yes
Snow board slope style is on

Yes

rrrrrrr...

Yes
rrrrrrr...

Lots of pot smokers crashing.
Actually rather cool

Yes
rrrrrrr...

Actually rather cool

I heard that if you watch it as a bunch of rich kids dreams being crushed, it's a lot more enjoyable.

Yes
rrrrrrr...
Actually rather cool
I heard that if you watch it as a bunch of rich kids dreams being crushed, it's a lot more enjoyable.

Pretty true. Probably costs upwards of $500K to keep some of these guys in the slopes per annum.
Might watch tonight with the AC on

Yes
rrrrrrr...
Actually rather cool
I heard that if you watch it as a bunch of rich kids dreams being crushed, it's a lot more enjoyable.
Pretty true. Probably costs upwards of $500K to keep some of these guys in the slopes per annum.
To be fair, Aussies have been living year-round in the slopes for years, doing hotel/snow shop/pub jobs around the world to support it.
Just now, these guys are getting taxpayer money to do the same thing.

Yes
rrrrrrr...
Actually rather cool
To be fair, Aussies have been living year-round in the slopes for years, doing hotel/snow shop/pub jobs around the world to support it.
Just now, these guys are getting taxpayer money to do the same thing.

I spoke to one of our first winter gold medalist a and they said it was $250 K per annum. 10 years ago
I'd doubt they much funding, though winter sports are probably more sponsor driven than some of the track and field.
Anyway, I'm sure the coverage will be woeful if the last Olympics was any example.

I don’t necessarily buy that winter Olympics people are necessarily any more wealthy than a lot of our Summer Olympics team, given we send a lot of good honest Aussie battlers from rowing & sailing…

Hell, the people who make these decisions probably think Dale Begg Smith was a great investment and truly represented the Aussie competitive spirit.

Well, you're no fun.

Definition of torture…sweltering in 39 degree heat (low of 30 overnight) while watching people playing in the snow.

Would love an ice bath and cold beer right about now.