The Overrated Thread

Tennis. What a yawn-fest. You couldn’t pay me to watch it. It’s only barely tolerable if you’re in the hospitality area eating and drinking something nice and pretending you’re elsewhere.

It’s not the worst ‘sport’ though - that’s horse racing. It takes all day, something happens for a couple of minutes every 40 minutes or so (and people say NFL is bad) and it’s run by dead-set crooks so you can’t trust that any of it is legit. Being at the races is the sixth circle of hell.

4 Likes

Any excuse to post this.
Go see him this year.
He’s very funny.

*language warning.

3 Likes

Gold

lol

That is very funny.

Very good summary of how I feel about the whole process as well.

Bryan cranston and breaking bad.

1 Like

Whoooooooooa.

Finally, here we go. A good ol fashioned forum pile on!

This is what this thread is supposed to be about, kudos my friend

1 Like

Crown Lager

Beautifully presented but tastes like old school Powers Bitter.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Professional Tennis.

1 Like

I feel the same way about furniture shops.
What, I’m a carpenter now?
No!
That!
I. Want. That.
Do your televisions come unassembled?
Are you going to give me an allen key and a soldering kit if I want a computer?

Printers

“Put the item in the bagging area”

Puts item in the bagging area

“Put the item in the bagging area”

Stupid machines

2 Likes

The Phillip Island penguin parade. Took the family a few years ago. Went early to get a decent seat and sat on cold hard concrete steps in arctic temperature to eventually see less than 20 penguins waddle past.
Unfortunately it was ■■■■■■ expensive as well.

1 Like

I’m ol skool, I think EPL sucks balls as a competition and is overrated but more so overhyped. Most seasons it’s not that interesting. Champions League overrated, too many boring group games, go win a domestic championship too beforehand ya freeloading, bandwagoning flogs.* Old format of home and away legs was better.

Both are more overrated than New Year’s Eve. Which in itself is so overrated apparently it’s now NYE.

*apart from clubs which have legitimately done so I guess.

legs

One’s enough.

13 Likes

Venice.

Yoga.

1 Like

My life is apparently overrated. I love coffee, but have recently given up my pod machine for environmental factors. I won’t spend over $20 on white wine and $40 on red. I like craft beer and Venice so it turns out I must be a massive wanker.

And the worst part is, the restaurant here in Geelong, Igni I thought was massively overrated just happened to get rated the best in Vic.

2 Likes

I adore Venice.

2 Likes

Got to say I prefer Florence but I’m not going to go into a firenze about it.

9 Likes

Yep, Florence for me also.

Venice is beautiful but its difficult to enjoy when you cant walk half a metre without running into somebody.

1 Like