The Overrated Thread

Pop up food market things in Australia saying they are like Asia.

No, you don’t pay $25AUD for food in asia in markets. You pay dirt cheap, you eat small amounts from lots of places.

6 Likes

Completely off-topic, but one year we hosted the annual street barbie in the back yard. Everyone turned up with their beer/Angas Brut/Jacob’s Creek except for one bloke, who told everyone in sight that he was a “defence contractor” — he brought a bottle of Dom Perignon and a bottle of Grange. Both genuine.

3 Likes

The Overrated Thread.

What’s wrong with the What Annoys You thread?

6 Likes

… and the other half can tell beer apart from camels’ p1ss?

Dyson Heppell

/ducks

1 Like

Some people actually need the gluten free for health reasons and it can cause serious complications if they don’t leading them to feel terrible. It’s not that which is an issue, it’s the people who see it as a fad or trendy which is overrated, and frankly annoying.

7 Likes

New years eve

14 Likes

Premise is flawed. Coffee ≠ pod coffee.

1 Like

Yeah, I love gluten. My wife on the other hand stinks up the toilet. She really does look and smell prettier off the stuff, not to mention the fact that it’s probably like paint striper to her bowels.

Anyway I’ll play

• phones/social media at a restaurant.
  • thick crust pizza

Organic

1 Like

Drinking out of a jar. Seriously.

13 Likes

This has just become another “what annoys you”, but yeah. What about a fricken’ beaker - I got served a smoothie in one at a cafe - a beaker, ffs!

Lord of the Rings.

6 Likes

It’s overrated

5 Likes

Yep.

I’ll see Lord of the Rings and raise you Game of Thrones.

2 Likes

Ohhh this is totally on point. Heavily support this.

No coffee or Game of Thrones… You don’t get along well with people at parties, yeah?

" Although I’m with you on Coffee.

1 Like

You’d need coffee to get through these parties where everyone discusses the latest super cool dragon / wizard / magic face spell things. They sound like an absolute riot.

Though they are probably great fun compared to the Leftovers parties.

“We live in a bleak and soulless world in which we are eventually destined to lose everyone we love”
“Uh huh. (cries)”

3 Likes

The girls at the Game of Thrones parties are better looking, but The Leftovers girls are more likely to put out.

3 Likes

Yeah but I wish they had self serve checkouts when I was a teenager growing up
Could’ve saved a fortune by not buying all the other stuff with “oh this pack of rubbers too”

6 Likes