The Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)

Love to see the rest of the SSP filled with Tex, Misiti, Moore and a couple of others.

I am excited.

3 Likes

Hope we get Fejo, not a small forward but such a balanced mover and good kick. The Lovett comparison seems very apt.

2 Likes

FEJO

WANT

5 Likes

Probably either tested or interviewed terribly.

Very keen on this bloke. Exactly the type of player we need - in fact, if we come away with a Fejo to wrap up our draft haul, I really think we’ll have done a good job of ticking all the right boxes.

Inside contested bull who can hit the scoreboard, small rebounding defender with pace, wingman with huge tank and elite kicking, aggressive tall utility with huge upside, and an electric small forward/HFF.

Would perhaps love even one more classy goal kicker but that’s a pretty tidy mix.

7 Likes

it must of been bad, his highlights are better than NWM who was picked at 11!

2 Likes

Well, he’s ours to lose right? Any other club can just come along and list him, it that correct?

2 Likes

Honestly, the club is on notice to sign this kid. Everyone can see his skills and how good he could be. I don’t see why they would waste any time at all not signing him when we have 2 SSP spots open. Why risk another club doing a “Baldwin” move to us. If we don’t sign him, I will be firmly sharing Benfti’s concerns about our recruiting practices.

1 Like

FWIW :man_shrugging:

He has to agree.

Fejoias are seriously awesome.
I’m on the Fejo Train.
Let’s petition Jackets.
I’ll even add a limerick to boot.

There was a young lad called Fejo
Who flew across the land like a crow
Evasive like the wind
Melted hearts when he grinned
We just have to get him we all know.

7 Likes

How does a guy with a highlight reel like this not get drafted, if we read his name out at 13 and then you showed me this reel I’d say yep good call.

Edit: Not an unpopular question it seems.

Especially when it shares the heading with the word pre season.

1 Like

Nooooooo!

Tippa looks a long way off it’s actually worrying how much weight he’s put on hope it’s not the end of his career.

@Clone_Hirdy will be pleased

Cahill 2.0

If the cupboard is bare, which everyone seems to think it is, then I’m ok with Lonie. Especially if there is some doubt around Walla early in the season.

He’s not going to tear games open like Walla can. But he’ll get to the feet of forwards, he’ll harass and chase, and he can snag a goal or two. You can plug him straight into the AFL side and you know what you’ll get.

1 Like

A guy who was in and out of a mediocre side for seven years before being delisted at 25 because his team finally found a competent small forward?

3 Likes

I would rather just stick with Cahill for another year if this is the case. The kid probably wasn’t AFL quality but he was okay.