The Price is Right - For some

I haven't fully digested this yet .... I thought it was good... then ...??

How bloody convoluted can it get?

Seems it all depends on Appendix B part VII clause 19, & how you hold your tounge.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-02-14/members-benefit-from-variable-ticketing

The AFL has today announced changes to the way tickets will be priced and offered under a new variable pricing model for season 2014.

The new model introduces variable ticket pricing for games at both Etihad Stadium and the MCG and will deliver great value to Essendon fans choosing to buy club membership.

All 2014 members impacted by the changes will be sent an email on Monday explaining how to access Essendon games under the new system.

Game Classification

• All home and away games have been classified A, B or C depending on expected demand for tickets.  See below for Essendon game classifications

• In 2014, eight (8) Essendon home games have been classified ‘A Reserved‘ or ‘B Reserved‘ – there will be no general admission access for these games

• All members impacted by the changes will be sent an email on Monday explaining how to access a seat to these games using their member barcode

Ticket prices

• Ticket prices for casual buyers have increased across the board, making club membership (buying a season in advance) better value than ever before.

• Click here for the latest 2014 ticket prices 

Value for Members

As well as the pride of supporting your club, the new ticketing structure means members who buy a season ticket or seat in advance will see significant savings versus fans who buy their tickets casually.

For example:

A Bronze Premium 11-game member holding a reserved seat at every Essendon home game pays $350 for the season - or $31.80 per game. To purchase the same seats casually costs $43 per game at Etihad Stadium and $40 at the MCG – or $461 for the season.

For members, that‘s a saving of $111 – plus a member pack, exclusive club news and videos, the Bomber Magazine, voting rights and more.

If you don‘t go to every game, Essendon offers an industry-leading ‘Seat Resale‘ program, allowing you to sell your seat back to the club and lower your renewal cost for the following year.

Blockbuster Games

ANZAC Day is an ‘A-Reserved‘ away game for Essendon in 2014. Anyone who does not hold away access with their membership can contact the club to upgrade or purchase a general public ticket next week

Dreamtime at the ‘G is an ‘A Reserved‘ home game in 2014. You must hold a season Reserved seat or upgrade to a Reserved seat using your member barcode – there will be no general admission access.

Essendon v Hawthorn (Round 2 at Etihad Stadium) is an ‘A Reserved‘ home game in 2014. You must hold a season Reserved seat or upgrade to a Reserved seat using your member barcode – there will be no general admission access.

To make sure only club members are given priority for these games, the AFL has applied a limit of 1 ticket per member (barcode) during the presale period

Ticket on-sale dates & times

Etihad Stadium
Ticketmaster

MCG

Ticketek

Member Presale

9am Mon Feb 24 –9am Wed Feb 26

9am Tues Feb 25 –
9am Thurs Feb 27

General Public

12noon Wed Feb 26

12noon Thurs Feb 27

Essendon 2014 game classifications

620ticketingvariable.png

Would it just be easier if they said ‘buy a membership or you probably won’t get in’?

No problem them doing it but the afl and EFC have the most confusing ticket procedures that change yearly.

:blink: Whaaaaa!

Im a memeber that cant make it to the hawthorn game.  wanna sell my seat.  that link to the seat resale program is fantastic, but theres no where i can actually go to sell my seat right now.

Im a memeber that cant make it to the hawthorn game.  wanna sell my seat.  that link to the seat resale program is fantastic, but theres no where i can actually go to sell my seat right now.

It normally doesn't open up until they've started selling the normal tickets to it. Ticketmaster tells me that opens on the 17th, so Monday.

I'd expect it to sell pretty well, so the club will probably e-mail/SMS us about it, asking.

Is this legit??

So how much is the reserved ticket we are forced to buy on those reserve games?

Footy fans will have to cough up more cash to attend popular AFL matches
  • MICHAEL WARNER
  • Herald Sun
  • February 14, 2014 8:38PM

FOOTY fans will be encouraged to attend less popular games this year after the AFL announced a “variable ticket pricing” initiative.

The move will result in fans being charged less for medium and low-grade games, but the AFL will cash in on blockbuster games, where extra price categories will be introduced.

AFL general manager of commercial operations Darren Birch said there would be extra price categories for marquee games such as the Collingwood-Essendon Anzac Day match “in order to better reflect the quality of seats in the venue”.

He stressed the highest and lowest price points would remain the same.

Birch said matches would be classified in five bands according to demand, with pricing and seating categories reflecting those classifications.

He said the new structure “recognises that demand for tickets to matches depends on a number of factors including competing teams, timeslots, current form, rivalry and historical sales and attendance”.

The AFL already has variable pricing for finals matches.

The AFL flagged the “variable ticket pricing” concept last year as part of footy‘s equalisation debate and quietly announced its introduction late last night.

The league said the new system followed consultation with stakeholders and a series of trials.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said last night he was unaware of the change.

Birch said variable pricing “has been in place in the AFL industry for some time now with different venues around the country carrying different prices due to various factors”.

“Our main objective is to give football fans the best venue experience possible while attracting as many people to matches as possible.

“Our analysis and trials last year have shown that this system will give fans more options and a clearer picture of their ticketing and seating choices. For low demand matches there will be better seats available at lower ticket prices, resulting in a better fan experience.

“A number of major sports in the United States have been applying variable pricing for many years, and fans in those markets have benefited from having more choices available.”

AFL and club membership season packages will not be affected.

A separate $2 levy on all general admission tickets has already been introduced for this season as part of the league‘s equalisation push.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-fans-will-have-to-cough-up-more-cash-to-attend-popular-afl-matches/story-fni5f22o-1226827642537

I couldn't find anything on the AFL website.

Stop farking equalising ■■■■, we dont want to watch rabble like the dogs and melbourne play for fark's sake.

Stop farking equalising ■■■■, we dont want to watch rabble like the dogs and melbourne play for fark's sake.

These games will be free admission before long, so they can at least fill half a stand for the tv cameras. Actual revenue will come from skinning fans of the clubs people actually want to watch.

if as a supporter group we're buying tickets in bulk, shouldn't it be cheaper? i jest. 

It just got cheaper to watch Crameri play.

It costs $43 to go to a game!?

Money has been tight since I started working for myself, and my afl membership lapsed. But looking at various options, there’s no such thing as a cheap package any more. Everything has to be optioned up.

These are the simpler ticketing option at the mcg…

And by my logic if ‘for low demand matches, seats with better viewing options at a better price results in a better experience’ then the reverse is true for the big games where EFC play.

Upside is they are making it easier to justify club membership with a seat.

Also with regards to US sports, they let you scalp ticjets legally, so GTFO with that BS.

I guess they better make some rules to control membership prices too then. You'd be getting pretty badly burned if your club had been declared a "bargain basement, discount club" yet you had to pay the same sort of membership prices as the clubs that actually generate revenue. About $4.50 for a norf package, complete with dinner at brayshaw's, two free nights accomodation at a Salvos refuge, and a recycled 2005 beanie, sounds about fair.

I guess they better make some rules to control membership prices too then. You'd be getting pretty badly burned if your club had been declared a "bargain basement, discount club" yet you had to pay the same sort of membership prices as the clubs that actually generate revenue. About $4.50 for a norf package, complete with dinner at brayshaw's, two free nights accomodation at a Salvos refuge, and a recycled 2005 beanie, sounds about fair.

That's the limited edition Shin Boner Club, what about the budget conscious official Dean Laidley Junk Yard Dog Mob Squad Membership? Surely they'd throw in some Palmolive Gold, and Colgate merchandise as a sweetener.

But seriously, this is just the AFL increasing revenue in the face of crowd numbers stalking or declining in future.

Any wonder people buy kids memberships when they are 50+

So in all of that can anyone tell me when I can try and purchase tickets for Anzac Day?

That's the limited edition Shin Boner Club, what about the budget conscious official Dean Laidley Junk Yard Dog Mob Squad Membership? Surely they'd throw in some Palmolive Gold, and Colgate merchandise as a sweetener.

:lol:  Can't you just see Scott at home frantically knitting member scarves for the $12 high roller package. There'd be a fair bit of whingeing while he knitted those 4 scarves I reckon. In fact, "Brad Knits for You", could possibley be a good marketing tool as a Youtube channel.

So in all of that can anyone tell me when I can try and purchase tickets for Anzac Day?

Mexico?