The Price is Right - For some

So in all of that can anyone tell me when I can try and purchase tickets for Anzac Day?

AFL members have a pre sale on Monday, for all games at the G and Dome. Limited seats,
then on Thursday (dome?) and Friday (G?) AFL members can buy tickets for March and April.
General admin I can't find. But you can buy up to 8 tix per transaction. Ffs

I guess they better make some rules to control membership prices too then. You'd be getting pretty badly burned if your club had been declared a "bargain basement, discount club" yet you had to pay the same sort of membership prices as the clubs that actually generate revenue. About $4.50 for a norf package, complete with dinner at brayshaw's, two free nights accomodation at a Salvos refuge, and a recycled 2005 beanie, sounds about fair.

Overpriced!

Another side effect could mean the creation of more 'blockbuster' games. As it stands now, l can't see them ever taking the ANZAC day game off us, no matter who cries over about. They would simply lose too much money. 

http://membership-essendonfc-com-au.cloud.hosting-toolkit.net/files/image/Etihad%20Stadium%20Ticket%20Prices.png
What do these 'categories' mean?
Are they indicative of seat quality or demand?

My concern is where the money goes.

Since last years ASADA fiasco, I am determined to give ZERO dollars to any other club than Essendon.

I don't go to many games, but I am not paying one red cent towards "premiums" for equalization or any other purpose the AFL might use my admission money for.

I intend to buy a social membership (non game attendance) and not go to any games.

I will be watching on TV.

I'd love it to be otherwise, and go to games, but I am not giving them any money

83571-Blink-182-WTF-gif-Imgur-First-Hk6A

This might be the one where the AFL's ambition exceeds their reach.

Shows just how much they have lost touch with the fans. 

I guess they better make some rules to control membership prices too then. You'd be getting pretty badly burned if your club had been declared a "bargain basement, discount club" yet you had to pay the same sort of membership prices as the clubs that actually generate revenue. About $4.50 for a norf package, complete with dinner at brayshaw's, two free nights accomodation at a Salvos refuge, and a recycled 2005 beanie, sounds about fair.

My sides boot seriously! :lol:

So from my understanding, general admission tickets for anzac day go on sale 26 feb?

It just dawned on me that st kilda are only 60 years away from being able to claim 1 flag in 200 years. What a club

No wonder they draw such huge crowds.

That's the limited edition Shin Boner Club, what about the budget conscious official Dean Laidley Junk Yard Dog Mob Squad Membership? Surely they'd throw in some Palmolive Gold, and Colgate merchandise as a sweetener.
:lol: Can't you just see Scott at home frantically knitting member scarves for the $12 high roller package. There'd be a fair bit of whingeing while he knitted those 4 scarves I reckon. In fact, "Brad Knits for You", could possibley be a good marketing tool as a Youtube channel.

Ha ha ha.. Some very funny stuff there fellas

People won’t go to crap games because they are cheap . Think how many times you may have been offered free tickets to such games and don’t go? It’s a classic tactic to portray a balanced offering on increased prices for big games …nothing to do with getting more people to see the bulldogs play GWS …the afl is not like retail , people are driven by alliances not by lower prices …just a way to slug the supporters of big clubs more and the supporters of dud clubs can go for less … Suppose .worth a try tho …wait for AFL end of year announcement of the great success it was …a great initiative and many thanks to peter Gordon for working tirelessly putting the concept together ! :slight_smile:

One flag every 140 years …at that rate they will catch us in 2100 years assuming we win nothing in those years !

So in all of that can anyone tell me when I can try and purchase tickets for Anzac Day?

AFL members have a pre sale on Monday, for all games at the G and Dome. Limited seats,
then on Thursday (dome?) and Friday (G?) AFL members can buy tickets for March and April.
General admin I can't find. But you can buy up to 8 tix per transaction. Ffs

$7.50 for AFL members to upgrade on Monday, while the Friday allows AFL members to buy guest passes if they want to bring mates.

So basically if you’re a poor essendon supporter you’re paying more for your tickets than poor bulldogs supporters. Yeah that’s heaps fair.

And thanks for the ticket info.

The AFL is so far out of touch with the general public.

This NAB challenge is a prime example.

Crowds have been woeful because the AFL want $18 for a practice game. Surely they are better selling them at 1/2 that price and getting a half decent crowd.

My concern is where the money goes.

Since last years ASADA fiasco, I am determined to give ZERO dollars to any other club than Essendon.

I don't go to many games, but I am not paying one red cent towards "premiums" for equalization or any other purpose the AFL might use my admission money for.

I intend to buy a social membership (non game attendance) and not go to any games.

I will be watching on TV.

I'd love it to be otherwise, and go to games, but I am not giving them any money

Excellent post. I won't even be bothering with watching ANY non Essendon televised games this year (like last year). Really can't be arsed with the league anymore.

People won't go to crap games because they are cheap.

Exactly (though like the TV schedules, sometimes the judgments before the year starts look silly months later when the game actually happens).
This is just a ridiculous amount of confusing fluff to conceal “we‘re charging more ‘cause we can, screw you”.

So is someone more skilled at analysing numbers able to determine who the AFL deems to be “cheap clubs” and who isn’t?