The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

Oh dear …

No.

Absolutely yes. Love the Dempsey.

Not a bad job, Choppy. Next time, try one key lower.
No

(it’s not a bad job, actually)

Oh God! That lead-break was hilarious! It was like a drunk dude, imitating another drunk dude skat singing Brian May’s guitar solo. The funniest thing I’ve heard today.

YES.

2 Likes

And that wasn’t even my “novelty” song…

1 Like

Massive Dempsey fan.

Except in this instance.

no

2-5

Do like Dempsey.

But this performance was an abomination, my god man, at least play one of his songs that actually sounds good! So many, many things wrong with this, not the least it sounds terrible and he’s playing in a staircase or whatever that is. I blow my nose at you.

No.

Someone tell Paul Dempsey, passersby in Bourke St cant throw coins in your suitcase when you’re playing in the mancave for anger management while the missus is angry with you. Still it’s better than what I remember of his back catalogue and better than every second busker launching into ‘Wish you were here’. Yes.

Oh.

Well, um, I didn’t mind the dudes voice. But, he wasn’t hitting all his top notes. And my ears don’t like that.

Nope

Oh dear.
Why didn’t you go with his cover of wrecking ball?

No from me.

1 Like

You are falling for the classic DJ King thread trap.

Play something reasonable for the masses to like and you are lulled into a false sense of security with the constant flow of yess.

Then you indulge yourself just that smidgen further and “BOOM” you’re turfed out.

No.

8 Likes

Like uncle chopchop you have no fkn ears.

no

7 Likes

I think that means you’ve got the chop?

That’s because he can’t, … hence why all his stuff early on is in his monotone drone which I just could not get past.

2 Likes

This thread is 100% self indulgent. In fact I’m surprised I got through the 1st song.

5 Likes

No.
If Eddie Vedder sounds like he’s straining to shift a particularly stubborn crap, then Paul Dempsey sounds like he’s inadvertently swallowed a whole batch of Imodium. He tones it down to some extent with his solo stuff, but Jesus he made SFK virtually impossible to like. Just could not get past the man’s voice!

4 Likes

Is there anyone yet to have a crack at it?

Update:

Chopsuey
Riolio
alex.f.94
HAP
Slowstu
Clark_Griswald
HesOnlyGot1’
Hoffy
BomberAbroad
Benfti
up_up