The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

I grew up around a lot of Joe Jackson. Never heard this. Up until now I thought he was good.

■■■■ no

1 Like

Nup

No.

No, passably meandering but I still think about what can work on the floor. This was a song all about the floor and starts like it’s going to Rio, but ends up in in some reflective home office.

1 Like

If feels like it’d be background music in an upper class bistro. Sorry can’t. No. I like the photo on the album cover though.

So it looks like my incredibly superior taste in music is still too much for the masses to appreciate…oh well, back to the back benches for me.
@Diggers is surely due another spin so it’s over to him

2 Likes

Yes…I’ve always considered him to be one of the finer recording artists going around. He constantly evolved his style and usually got it right

1 Like

Usually, yes.

I don’t want to be mean, but…you posted a song from a sequel to an album…
I don’t see many Back Into Hell tracks getting over, either.

Sequels are rarely as good as the original…

Four tracks that I know of from the original would have got a yes from me.
Maybe more.

I’m up?

Ok. Going down a different path this set. Live performances from tv shows. Try to put the quality of the recordings to one side if you can.

First up is an act from Nebraska who shone brightly there for a moment with a rap/rock hybrid of sorts which kind of works…

No, sorry. Maybe it’s a lot better in studio, I dunno. But sounded like trashy mud.

Love trashy mud.

I didn’t think I would like it but it grew on me. Best song today by a mile. yes

Rarely like live recordings as much as studio ones (live shows are something that need to be experienced, not merely watched/heard).
I do like that song, and a few others from 311 (had a friend who was massively into them in the mid-late 90’s).
Wish you’d played the studio version though…
Yes (for the song alone…)

1x like from @BAAKKEERRRR is worth 10x from @barnz.

I like the restraints that live tv puts on certain artists. You can almost see the internal conflict going on with some of them.

Night and Day II is brilliant album…I can’t help it if the audience isn’t ready for it :wink:

1 Like