The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Only if you post it on here with a handwritten note.

2 Likes

“Looks photoshopped.”

We could get an expert in to authenticate it - bit like on that Vegas TV show ‘PawnStars’. Then, you can buy it off me for 100K.

2 Likes

While your there try to get an old water bottle authenticated. “It’s the KOK’s water bottle from his safe partying days”. A true memento of the Era.

2 Likes

I was there.
Some guys found a bathtub from somewhere, and enough water to fill it, while the rest of us were like a desert cliche going, ‘water…water…’
Jerks.

2 Likes

Oh, and are we still on GnR?
No to that particular track, but I like the deep cut from a double album idea.

1 Like

We need to get feedback from people who left but are still posting constantly on other threads to determine their reasons for doing so. Bsd and kfc were prominent in this thread at the beginning but just left. I deliberately didn’t tag them on this occasion as as I don’t want to bother them; maybe they’ve given their reasons to other posters.

Anyway it’s not like anything I’ve listened to in this thread will all of the sudden change my tastes in music. Neither will anybody telling me I have crap taste in music, I would like to think I’m above that now. I think my tastes are pretty much set in stone now. I just vote yes to everything now pretty much. If I was voting yes to songs that I would listen to again, I would just be voting no.

And I’ve never met anyone on here, so I still have no idea whether some posters are being serious or just throwing banter out there.

2 Likes

You were obviously out with the masses (not in A-reserve). We could kinda tell that plenty of shenanigans were going on, but the punters were so far back. Those outside A-reserve had to look at the big screens they had set up.

Important point. You can only vote for how you feel about the song presented.

2 Likes

Nah, we could see okay.
Was it your best mate’s uncle’s idea that we should throw out friggin’ homemade sandwiches at the gate and then have no food vans inside?

It was kind of an insane day.
There were people doing mudslides after the rain hit.
Didn’t someone get a haircut onstage?

I have 3 major memories of calder park.

1. my friend who was the biggest GNR nut ever (for 4 years listened to nothing and I mean nothing but GNR) got in the front row and on the front page of the HS the next day
  2. Axl Rose being very very fit. He ran around like a madman while singing
  3. My younger brother was going through puberty and eating like a horse. He literally at 1 thing from every menu from every food van
1 Like

Hmmm.
My memory must be rubbish, then.*
Perhaps they just ran out of food really quickly.
Or perhaps we just didn’t bring enough money.

*well, duh.

Because you may have missed what I said:

“Fit”

Was the actual gig any good?

I was only in grade 6, so all I had was the recollections of the kids in my class who lied about being there.

Good question. I’ll ask him next month. I’d guess & say that it would have been a joint decision between the promoters & security. It was a ridiculous decision, especially given the incredible heat on that day.

Agreed, it was insane. I recall the mudslides, but again, we were close to the stage & all that was going on way back in the general admission area. We were pretty intoxicated on that day, so I don’t recall the haircut incident.

1 Like

@JohnRain
Do you have a diagram that illustrates where you were located? I’m just. It quite sure where you were on the day…

1 Like

I don’t really have anything to compare it to.
Better than most BDO’s, I guess.
The weather probably made it more of an ‘event’ than anything else.
The music was solid, rather than spectacular.
I think Rose Tattoo and Skid Row supported?
Might be wrong about that last, too. Skid Row seemed to be supporting everyone around that time.

2 Likes

Somewhere up the back.

2 Likes

Yep. I fckn loved it.

Angry Anderson & Rose Tattoo, Skid Row (18 and Life) & then Gunners (as the cool change came through).

We arrived early in the morning, so it was a pretty massive day lining up & getting in & enduring the furnace like conditions all day & then the cool change & rain. Everyone was burnt to a crisp, but it was deliriously good fun. All the classic songs were played & Axl was at his peak around then, so - yeah - it was a great gig.

2 Likes