The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Mike Patton must be or getting close to most songs in this thread.

4 - Faith no More
1 - Fantomas
2 - Mr Bungle
2 - Tomahawk

I’m not here for Trailer King, No

Didnae like. When it comes to Patton I’m more at the FNM/Tomahawk end of the spectrum.
No.

Hard to say no to that.
Yes

Ahem. One more you’re forgetting?

It was a quick scan, which of his hundreds of acts did I miss?

It went 0-11 in 12 minutes.

1 Like

LOVAGE!

2 Likes

From MK 11 that’s some long burning salt.

3 Likes

No salt, it was just an unforgettable moment for me in the thread’s history. “They’re gonna love this,” I thought. “Sex, sleaze, lounge, Berlin cover, Mike Patton”… then BAM! Out in spectacular fashion.

7 Likes

Hmm… Do I go back to studying or update my DJ King dossiers… So much quality information shared today.

free yes.

3 Likes

KLAWDY KLAWDY KLAWDY

1 Like

That song made me want to glass myself.

No

2 Likes

It made me want to go to The Manhattan in a tuxedo, a monocle, drinking a martini and starting every conversation with ‘I say dear boy…’ also a no.

2 Likes

You would’ve been bashed in the car park,
Vander.

3-4

In the mid 80s, I did catch the train to Boronia station to take a girl to see Electric Dreams at the cinema there. In keeping with the fashion of the day, I was wearing a lemon jumper, cream baggies with a grey and apricot crocheted belt and cream kiaks on my feet (anyone remember them?) A major miscalculation…
I consider myself seriously lucky to have made it out of Boronia - who would’ve been unlikely to have ever seen clobber like it - alive that day.
If you wore clobber like that to The Hat, Vander, Dave Russell would’ve split your head open on the pavement outside, let alone the patrons…

7 Likes

Exactly. The song made me want to die violently!

5 Likes

We used to sneak into that cinema all the time. The exit door led out to the Main Street.

Continuing the DJ King Underbelly theme.

Mokbel owned a fish ‘n chip shop in Boronia in the 80s. That’s where he kicked off his dealing. The area was full of riff raff (no, I didn’t live there). 3174 & KSA often visited from Noble Park & bashed random punters in the street. You did well to make it back home.

My wife and I laughed very hard at that.

1 Like

Ah…what’s Blitz for, if it’s not anonymously sharing embarrassing stories about one’s self?

I actually regularly travel through Boronia for work, so am constantly chuckling at the memory. FWIW, JR I don’t think Boronia has changed one iota since those days…

4 Likes