The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

5-1

You’d have an improved chance if you could just move on from every Betty with a guitar at your local RSL. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sheeyit…with a comment like that, maybe your new title should be BoB (Bitc* of Bitc*es) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Stupid swear filter :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You on the sauce tonight, dude? :blush:

No…I’ve just had an unusually high intake of salt over the past 24 hours :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You are what you eat, mate. :wink:

2 Likes

Not my thing, no.

1 Like

Seona Dancing, yeah? Do it.

Nup

Is this really electro? I’m confused.

No, it isn’t.

1 Like

But they were very important for electro when they started out. Being Boiled, for example.

1 Like

Oh my god, these guys are the best british electro band ever to have existed. You’re out of line @JohnRain. Being Boiled is a good example but I prefer The Black Hit of Space , check it out, dark synths and concept and the vocals are more spoken word. Their stuff before they split (the other dudes forming Heaven 17) is my favourite period of electronic music. Fave proto punk goth trak is “Life Kills”.

1 Like

Is this song electro?

Rain says No. Jez says almost. Hambo says yes.

Well, you’ve all been very helpful.

5 Likes

Rainman is turning into a music snob…he can no longer be counted on for a neutral opinion.

I think it was at the start of electro if that helps

1 Like

I never said that I didn’t like them. I enjoy “Don’t You Want Me” & a few others. Not Love Action, though. It’s crap. And they are a Synth-Pop band, Hambo, not an electro group in the true sense of the word & you know it.

The Human League are an English synth-pop band formed in Sheffield in 1977. Initially an experimental electronic outfit, the group signed to Virgin Records in 1979 and later attained widespread commercial success with their third album Dare in 1981. Wikipedia

To clarify, this is their sell out album so they went full synth pop. Before that they were way more edgy but cracked the ■■■■■ when bands like Depeche Mode got the jump on them so they changed direction.

Sure they were synth pop at this stage but not initially, not by a long shot.

1 Like

And I referred to Love Action as Synth-Pop. And Kira asked about the song & I confirmed that it is a Synth-Pop song (not electro). We all agree then. Love Action is Synth-Pop. Thank you.