The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Given the quality education I’ve received this evening, I better vote YES for this sell-out electro band playing a synth-pop tune.

6 Likes

Or they were one then morphed into the other
#semantics

2 Likes

Correct. One of the first synth pop bands and a great one too.

1 Like

Sorry for ranting. This is pretty much my musical origin story. Punkish Electro Goth hybrid weird stuff. I would absolutley love to start a band with like minded people playing weird ■■■■ like early Human League but I can’t find anybody like that. Everybody I know is either dead or fried.

2 Likes

No, I’m not. Unlike you, I have more than two YouTube playlists (prog rock & metal). :wink:

If I didn’t live o/s I’d tuck my Microkorg under my arm and head on over.

2 Likes

They got played in Blond DJ didn’t they.

Expedient yes

Or Hambo could just move to Japan.

2 Likes

hey Mr Music Snob

What track have you played that went out on a limb like my Josh Groban effort?

Mr ED Farken M :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I reckon I have spun between 20-30 (maybe more) different genres across the DJ King threads, Swoods. Not two.

1 Like

One of my Psych Carni mates did that.

1 Like

Was Lambda/Omega Mu electro or synth-pop?

4 Likes

Awesome. I’ll check out your mate’s graffiti book.

20-30 different EDM genres are still just EDM dude

Who else has devoted an entire (lengthy unfortunately) session to the history of a genre…nobody but you

I could say that the metal tracks come from a variety of metal types but you just lump them all together

And you forgot to answer my Josh Groban question :stuck_out_tongue:

For bonus points, could you tell me if it was prog rock or metal as I didn’t think it fell under either category

7-3 @BAAKKEERRRR

Play another song

The short film featuring Stelarc won some sort of sound award. I did the sound, not credited. grrrrrr

1 Like

It was a unique concept & apparently well-received.

I didn’t forget. I chose to ignore it. You know how to use Excel. Enjoy scrolling back through my songs (plenty of them are non-EDM) & you’ll be able to answer your question. Hint: maybe Jez-san has already answered it. That song was so brilliant that it is unclassifiable in terms of genre.

1 Like

Ha…so you admit that I play more than 2 genres

I accept your humble acknowledgement of the incorrectness of your previous accusation

Hope you got paid for it. Sounds like a cool/interesting dude. I’ll follow him up. Cheers.