The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

You had the very hard position of going first, before it’s clear how people vote.

I think it was a good set. I voted on the harsher side coz I knew it would pass anyway :wink:

Just wanted to state the kind of songs I want to hear. I actually hope it’s not all rock. Other genres translate to live performances better imo.

2 Likes

Count me in for the Miles Davis

1 Like

I have about 50 tracks that I could play. Shows I was at, Live Albums that I go back to. Songs that have been meaningful to me captured in a live concert, shows with intensity, shows that make you want to dance. I spent 2 hours listening to a Cure live show and loving every minute of it, after listening to an Oils show recorded at Storey Hall at RMIT. Neither will make the cut, but I love live music and reckon that recorded music feels meaningless in comparison. Anything that gives me a window into new live performances I will be completely on board with.

(I’ve also played a bunch of live recordings in the regular DJK sets - from phone recorded stuff at the Corner, to mega stadium rock at River Plate Stadium (the home of the “other” red sash?)…so I’m on board with live recordings at any time!)

2 Likes

Who cares how anyone votes? Just play what you love!

5 Likes

So I’m kind of disappointed @JohnRain didn’t play some massive live electronic session from a rave in a shed in 1992.

5 Likes

@hambo dangled some bait and almost convinced me to change it at the last minute with 3 x live dance music tracks. :laughing:

Edit: Add Frosty to this (but too late). Next time…who knows, if this concept gathers steam, perhaps we could give it another shot in the future?

1 Like

Just play whatever.

The concept is good.

3 Likes

NNY for me.

I never cared for the first two bands and these songs didn’t inspire or make me wish I was there. Without looking they could’ve both been Pearl Jam for all I know.
Nirvana - great song, different style to original, nicely performed.

1 Like

I’d have voted yes if it made me want to be there!

1 Like

YYY from me

No crappy EDM Mr Rain???

hahaha

1 Like

This is harder than I imagined it would be. The first attempt is always going to be interesting.

First two are pretty faithful renditions of the studio versions, both of which I really like - however the AIC performance was a bit more kick ■■■. (Glad it was better than the time I saw them: awful)

@Klawdy I’m also one that never really got into Nirvana that much, but the version is a new interpretation of the song, which is one parameter I appreciate. I don’t love it, but just gets by.

Solid enough as a set for a NYY.

The voting system is hard, but I think that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree and is exactly how I interpreted the essence of the live concept. Cheers.

1 Like

17-7
243%

NYY

1 Like

You mean I cant debate the concept and take away from the enjoyment of the music. Damn it.

4 Likes

Your relief is washing over me like a massive tsunami, mate. :rofl:

1 Like

A good point that makes it hard to garner a positive vote. :+1:

I reckon it is not a critical problem, but in this case the performances of the first 2 bands could have just been the video for the songs. They didn’t really capture a massive amount of live energy or give much different, so if someone didn’t like the songs/band there wasn’t a whole lot else to hang on to.

1 Like

Came in expecting to drop some N’s up in this ho. After listening… didn’t hate the set… didn’t particularly enjoy it.

It’s a 1-2 or 2-1 job. Have a YNY but I expect dance from you next time.

2 Likes

“All I know is that my gut says, maybe.”

“Tell my wife hello”.

Love that episode.

2 Likes