The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

They wouldn’t be (see my post above). Mind you, there’s probably about as much performance/playing of instruments going on as there was in the Daft Punk thing…

Except you were judging a live performance which wasn’t aimed at you, through your own lens.

That one direction concert. Yeah, it’s rubbish (in its own way) but it’s not aimed at you, it’s aimed at its crowd, and it achieved what was required for its crowd.

Is it a good live performance? No more or less so than any other song in this thread.

Yeah it’s definitely a triple No

NNN

You could apply all of those to any of those tracks individually or spread them across the entire set. Either way, that was pretty woeful.

Minor detail.

1 Like

NNN !

I think DJs need to be shown a bit of grace. If they unintentionally choose a song that’s not live (e.g., it looks live but it’s mimed), we should let it through. However, if they chose two or more songs that are mimed, then I’ll ask them to re-do their set. Does that sound reasonable?

Where do you draw the line though? The Radiohead one had a recorded backing track

1 Like

It’s probably just easier to vote no and move on. I had to scratch Las Ketchup for that very reason. :wink:

2 Likes

I humbly accept the King’s ruling.

NNY

No easy answer to that.

As Klawdy suggests, just vote no to that song. And if a DJ has included two or three mimed songs I’ll ask them to re-do the set.

(Remember, it’s not always easy to tell if somebody is miming. Grammy award winners, Milli Vanilla are proof of this.)

1 Like

Second song is a particularly brave selection, IMO :slight_smile: NNY

9-18 (50%)

NNN.
Sorry. Although I would like to experiment with exactly how off my ■■■■ I’d have to be to enjoy that last one.

2 Likes

LIVE SET #09: DJ Klawdy
The darkest side, by The Middle East
Ai se eu te Pego, by Andre Rieu
1998, by Binary Finary

NNY (LB)
NNY (Rain)
YYY (frost)
NNN (Bake)
YNY (Peos)
NNN (chop)
NNN (HOGALF)
NNY (ham)
NNY (Kira)
NNN (wimm)

9-21 (50%)
Second student that must re-take LIVE DJ Exam

1 Like

@frosty, Andre thanks you for the sole yes vote.

Who is about and hasn’t had a go? Hambo? Chop? Anyone else?

2 Likes

I’m ready now

1 Like

Go!

2 Likes

Having played the instrument for many years I could only dream of girls digging it as much as they were in that show. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

YYN

YYN !