THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

My current most likely ladder as Collingwood 5th and Richmond 6th - last night showed that it won’t happen that way but I would love a big final at the MCG

Given our recent record against Richmond. And the fact that they have a lot of big game finals experience now…I think I’d rather play Brisbane, Freo or Port interstate than Richmond at the G.

1 Like

Yeah we would get demolished by Tigers at the G in a final.

Dees will roll the Lions today. It’s all coming up Essington.

Nathan Brown on the footy show has North as a sneaky chance to make finals. Doesn’t think Essendon will make it. Go figure!

1 Like

I think Norf have a slightly easier draw than us but it will come down to the game between us as to who finishes higher IMO.
In current form Norf are a big chance of beating us

A few weeks back, I’d actually flagged that game as one that we’ll lose.

Their form but also the fact that we humiliated them at the start of the year, they’re going to come out breathing fire I think.

Need to win this one against the Swans coming up.

I apologise, as I remember posting a reply gif to your post.
On last nights form, they will be very tough indeed.
Probably a true 50/50 game.

1 Like

Freo and Tiger losses would be welcome today. It’s really becoming a logjam from 5th-10th. The next 2 weeks are huge to defeat sides around us on the ladder, then a trip to Adelaide to face the Crows. Our last 2 are Freo away and the Pies. It would be nice if we were 12-8 heading into those games, which means we need to win 5 of our next 6.

Sydney (H)
Roos (H)
Crows (A)
Suns (A)
Port (H)
Dogs (H)

We could conceivably do it. 13 wins plus a decent percentage is probably what is required to make September. We are in a similar position to what we were in last year, but it appears as if we are more in touch with the 8 than we were last season.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced by norf yet. Last night was obviously a great win but I suspect they snuck up on the pies to a degree. Gws handled them pretty comfortably. They only play 3 clubs below them in their run home, Saints Hawks dees. I don’t think you could consider any of those games absolute certainties.

With their % they’ll likely need 13 wins. That is 7 out of 8 wins needed with games in Perth against the Eagles and Geelong to come.

They ain’t playing finals.

That isn’t too say they couldn’t knock us out though.

2 Likes

If the Swans make the finals do we still lose our ■■■■ about not beating them at the SCG? If North can make it, so can Sydney.

If we wanna play finals then we need to beat all those sides maybe drop one against the crows.

1 Like

I think it’s possible they win 6 of their last 8

Here are Sydney and North’s respective runs home…

I will post all the sides 5th to 10th later this evening after the round is complete.

2 Likes

You just never know what can happen

Upsets happen all the time

Already been 3 this round with Ess, Dogs and North wins and almost 4 but WC got out of jail

2 Likes

What is also interesting, and will have better context later this evening when we have completed Rd.15, is a look at the Ladder at the same stage last year…

2 Likes

Last year the gap was 1 win and some 30% between us and 8th. At worst it will be 1 game and about 7-8%. We are only 2 games off 4th at present too.

3 Likes

North were absolutely brilliant last night, but they aren’t going to maintain that level of intensity for months on end.

6-8 with a poor percentage. They are no chance .

I hate the povo farkers but credit where it’s due and they are playing some decent footy. Towelled up Richmond and Collingwood since Shaw took over (2teams that we hardly ever beat) and pushed the Giants last week but fell short. I don’t think they are as bad as many make out

1 Like

I hope they win 5. If they win 6 that means they beat us imo. It all depends on the TBC affect- that’s what it comes down to for mine, can we cover him?