The sooking about “woke” thread

I am starting to despise the word “woke “. Too often it is used as a way to say “something that I don’t like “.

14 Likes

Yes, he is certainly not woke.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the only way it’s used

2 Likes

If someone drops ‘woke’, ‘virtue signalling’ or ‘snowflake’ then there’s a high probability that you’re dealing with a numpty.

19 Likes

24 Likes

Now that statement is woke. Woke is about stifling debate and free speech. A worthy example

5 Likes

Thanks for reminding me, I left out ‘free speech’.

5 Likes

hey dunnybrush

you’re literally a farkin shitt-stirrer

yours sincerely
ewok

1 Like

Woke is used by those who haven’t evolved their thinking, being perpetually stuck in the past. It’s often used by those who want to say whatever they like without consequence. Calling someone woke also signals the lack of confidence a person has, someone who can’t articulate a coherent argument for their position, which is often based on their own grievance.

13 Likes

When and why did “woke” become an insult ?

It was a term used in the 1960 and 1970 to label progressive thinkers and people with a social conscience. Now it is portrayed as the opposite.

So we have “progressed” from the Right Wing controlling economies to now controlling our language.

6 Likes

It means the opposite, or it did.

Yes, another fine example

It’s my right under the First Amendment to stir shitt, don’t you know.

I think I agree with you Bacchus.

I just read:
Black Americans and allies fighting to bring attention to racial injustice and police brutality urge others to get and stay woke.

I think the Governor of Florida (Republican) tried , don’t know if successful, to introduce a Bill called Stop WOKE

1 Like

Such a woke thing to say.

3 Likes

No offence, but that is rubbish.

Yes I may be stuck in my ways at times, but things have gone too far. Whist the western world is wasting their time on people’s feelings getting hurt, the rest of the world is moving forward with their plans for world domination.

People should treat each other with respect, this doesn’t mean you can’t have a joke anymore.

10 Likes

I think the idea that it has any bearing on geopolitical power struggles is kind of funny.

7 Likes

It has nothing to do with it. I’m just saying this is a first world thing that really means nothing to anyone else in the world.

I honestly think that the woke are the minority and that most people only agree with them because they are shouted down or lose their jobs if they don’t agree. No one has the right to be told how to think, but everyone has the right to be respected. I think the woke movement have gone to far into telling people what they should be thinking and shoving into peoples faces.

7 Likes

What has gone too far? What’s an example?

What’s an example of a joke you think I would say was inappropriate.

A priest, a minister and a rabbi go into a bar…

2 Likes