The sooking about “woke” thread

It’s simple. You not being respectful is when you say something I think is offensive. You being woke is when I say something you think is offensive.

8 Likes

I don’t get what being woke or not being woke has to do with Walla.
If you’re talking “wake” then that’s different.
Against Norf next weekend Walla will leave that peanut Luke McDonald in his wake.

1 Like

You were the one to bring up world domination which is what I had a chuckle over. Corporations and militaries aren’t pursuing what they hope is a better workplace because they think it puts them at any disadvantage. If anything, it’s the reverse. Profit and capability are still their objectives, respectively. But I think Begbie is right, and I’ll stop.

2 Likes

Did you find the ending of Ace Ventura pet detective offensive or do you believe Pepe le pew or Apu from the Simpsons should have been removed?

See this is where the issue is. Everything is offensive these days.

Can we move this out of the Tippa thread?
Or at least keep the comments to why selecting Tippa is ‘woke’?

3 Likes

How many genders are there?

Yeah, should be in the political correctness thread.

1 Like

I haven’t watched Ace Ventura.

I have no issues with Pepe le pew or Apu.

Then you are not woke, My definition of “Woke” is things that have gone too far.

If it doesn’t effect you personally does it matter?

2 Likes

It does though. My kids are being taught that you can’t laugh at some things that are innocent. I have it being shoved in my face at work. I don’t care what people do with their lives, but I also don’t want to know.

1 Like

2 Likes

Did you know there are people who kept their ‘■■■■’ cheese containers after they went to cheer and swapped the container at home because they weren’t woke. lol

2 Likes

Better buy Bega then.

2 Likes

This makes no sense. It’s the woke that don’t like anything!

1 Like

Can you give an example?

It’s the “non-woke” who have taken the “woke” definition way beyond what it initially was, so much so now that it’s lost it’s meaning.

3 Likes

I did. Pepe le pew cancelled, Apu from the simpsons Cancelled, the ace ventura pet detective ending being called inappropriate, Comedians being protested against / one even sent to the human rights council. Someone joked about ■■■■ cheese, a cheese that was names after a person and for nearly 80 years had no racial context…these are just the small things.

1 Like