The Squad. Essendon vs the Filth, 7:40pm Thursday 16th at Etihad

From the EFC website:

Club members with match entitlements will have free entry to the 2017 JLT Community Series matches in which their Club is competing. Members can scan their membership card for free entry into their matches (subject to capacity) or upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a ticket in order to guarantee their entry (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable).

It seems our usual seats aren’t reserved so I picked up some reserved tickets on Level 2 for $10 (adult) and $5 (child).
Is anyone else just a tiny bit excited about this game?

Big preseason this one. Get around the boys and get down to the game, this is our time to let them know we love em for sticking with it through all the ■■■■■!

Got my ticket last night.

Couldn’t care it’s only a practice match will be there in full voice supporting the magnificent bunch of fellas who stuck around.

Big preseason this one. Get around the boys and get down to the game, this is our time to let them know we love em for sticking with it through all the ■■■■■!

Hell No.

I am ridiculously, over the top, super excited.

Damn school announced parent teacher interviews on Thursday evening. I just managed to weasel my way out of it, woo hoo!

Squad vs Collingwood
Simon Conway - SimonConway12
14 February 2017 12:00 PM

Essendon has named its 29 man squad to take on Collingwood in the first JLT Community Series match against Collingwood on Thursday night.

The squad will be trimmed to 26 players on match-day.

Match details:

Collingwood vs Essendon

Etihad Stadium

Thursday February 16

7:40pm

The squad

1. Andrew McGrath

2. Darcy Parish

3. Jobe Watson

4. Zach Merrett

5. Martin Gleeson

6. Brendon Goddard

7. David Zaharakis

8. Mark Baguley

9. Orazio Fantasia

10. Josh Green

11. James Stewart

12. Michael Hurley

13. Jackson Merrett

14. Dyson Heppell

15. Matthew Leuenberger

16. David Myers

17. Craig Bird

18. Mitch Brown

19. Patrick Ambrose

20. Kyle Langford

21. Travis Colyer

22. Jayden Laverde

23. Jake Long

24. Heath Hocking

25. Ben Howlett

26. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

27. Shaun McKernan

28. James Kelly

29. Matt Dea

Very strong, in my opinion, the only best 22 players not named are Hooker, Daniher, Hartley.

McGrath the only draftee? Thought Ridley might have got a gig.

Very strong, in my opinion, the only best 22 players not named are Hooker, Daniher, Hartley.

I’d say Stants too.

That’s about our strongest possible squad.

I’d say Stants too.

I personally do not rate him as best 22, can understand why others do though.

Tall forward depth is being fully tested in the very first game of 2017.
But Laverde and Langford could play those roles at a pinch even though they are not exactly “tall” .

Will we beat the Bombers? @SP_10: "I'm fairly confident... We won the intra-club the other night."

Yep, just Daniher and Hooker not there from my best 22. And TBC also missing if I consider my emergencies.

A very strong JLT round 1 squad.

Interesting to see which 3 get left out of the squad.

B: Baguley Hurley Ambrose
HB: Kelly Brown Gleeson
C: Goddard Heppell Zaharakis
HF: Fantasia McKernan Walls
F: Green Stewart Laverded
Foll: Leunberger Watson Z.Merrett
I/C: McGrath Colyer Langford Parish Howlett Hocking Myers Long

Emg: Dea Bird J.Merrett

B: Baguley Hurley Ambrose HB: Kelly Brown Gleeson C: Goddard Heppell Zaharakis HF: Fantasia McKernan Walls F: Green Stewart Laverded Foll: Leunberger Watson Z.Merrett I/C: McGrath Colyer Langford Parish Howlett Hocking Myers Long

Emg: Dea Bird J.Merrett

Banned.

Redman didn’t make the squad?

I would have liked to see Mutch after a good intraclub performance.

Strong side. Clearly throwing the players returning in early to see how they go prep and recovery wise whilst we still have time.

Redman didn't make the squad?

How many panic dollars did you lose?

Can’t wait to see the boys play! Great squad. Accommodation booked, tickets in hand! Bring it on!