The Team - Brown In - WEST COAST v ESSENDON OS , 8:10pm AEST Thurs 20-6-19

Walla had zero impact, but he stays in as well. And rightfully so. Fridge was OK. I don’t get why so many punters were baying for his blood. Anyway, he retains his spot. Let’s get around him. Go Fridge! Go Bombers!

16 Likes

Sameolds2010

I have been sampling a lot of pharmaceuticals.

1 Like

I think it is a good thing for us. 6 changes is alot for 1 week. Hopefully a few of them are a bit rusty.

3 Likes

Happy with Brown in, you know he’ll run all day and is good for 1 or 2 from outside 50. Not like for like but more importantly he drags a Hurn or McGov out and creates a bit of space.

We’re gonna ■■■■■■■ win, and Adam Simpson is gonna lose his ■■■■ and the nice boy image.

Slowly getting the forward line band back together! CHF Brown is a crucial player for rest of our season.

Stringer a certain in for next week. Which means huge game for LAV & Begs to retain their spots as one will drop. Can’t be missing easy goals or going missing for 3 quarters. Have to deliver.

Mostly settled side is a good thing, 1 change vs their 6 inc. three off injury should work for us.

We got this!

Bombers by 20

Should be more but for the Margetts effect.

6 Likes

At the game I thought fridge was terrible. On TV he seemed a lot more involved and had some good contents. Defs right to stay in.

3 Likes

19 Likes

I will be ecstatic if we win, have no injuries and our forward line all play well together and contribute…

The irony is that it will mean someone being cruelly disappointed if Stringer is back next week as expected, and displaces one of Brown, Lav or Begley.

Why the fark is this match on a Thursday?? Morons.

9 Likes

SO IN LAV WITH LAV

3 Likes

And next week.

I’d love to be able to, but how do we fit in Stringer, Smack, Brown, Lav, Begley, Walla and Raz into the forward line as well as the mids who rotate forward?

We will have to wait and see how everyone plays and pulls up, but selection pressure is getting interesting.

Logical change made, rest of the boys deserve their spot. I’m pretty confident of our chances. I know travelling west has typically been an unhappy hunting ground, but we did them last year, our game style might just be one that troubles them. It’s a real back yourself, take risks, run run run type of match. One thing we can’t do is just bomb it blindly into our F50. They have an excellent intercept marking defence who feast on that. We need to be smart, spot up targets on the lead. I’d be up for us grubbering it in there if in doubt. Better doing that with Walla and Raz then sitting it on their heads and asking them to take contested marks against players 5 or 6 inches taller than them. I think Port kept them to one intercept mark in a half when they played them earlier in the year, making a concerted effort to not bomb it long in there.

Big game. We are a chance, but we need someone to catch fire up forward and kick a bag. I’m hoping for a Shaun McKernan special. Win this and we can go on a run and really put us in a good spot for finals. COME ON DONS!!!

4 Likes

He’s shown enough to warrant some persistence with him imo. He’s going to repay the faith in spades. Only a matter of time.

4 Likes

Yep agreed. His form has been on par with Baguley’s and there is obviously more upside with Begs.
Having said that, he’ll be under pressure when Stringer is available again.

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

Their backline looks a LOT stronger than our forward line.

I think we have the edge in the middle, despite their inclusions.

We won’t want to give away 55 i50s vs their forward line.

6 changes is an almost fatal number under ordinary standards, but they are a very experienced team so shoadjust fine.

Like many interstate games this one will be all about starting well. Cant wait, despite the ■■■■■■ time slot.

1 Like

Did Zclark fly over?
Anyone know who are the travelling emergencies?

1 Like

His celebration in front of the Hawks cheer squad should have been enough on it’s own.

12 Likes

Yep…wanna see more of this.
Just substitute bespectacled prepubescent Hawthorn kids with floggish Eagles fans…

28 Likes