The Team: Collingwood v Essendon MCG , 2:10pm Saturday, July 8 - The Langford no Moore

David Myers to kick the winning goal and shove it up all of your collective a$$es*

*I Wish

1 Like

We still need to cross off ‘lose to Collingwood’ from our annual checklist.

I’ve never felt more apathetic about an Essendon game then I do today

4 Likes

I put $20 on us to win, watched the last quarter of the lions game, then put $20 on Collingwood.

1 Like

Yep, summed it up beautifully.

No more essington bullshit, just come out today and beat these mutts.

4 Likes

Heaps of late money on the pies…same thing happened before the Melbourne game and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, I feel the same

I’d be more apathetic if I weren’t so lethargic.

4 Likes

Bookmarking this.

I really don’t care.
I’ll watch the game, and hope we win. But really, other than getting 4 points, a win doesn’t mean much. It won’t mean the club has chsnged or improved. A win won’t make up for last week dissapointment. We’ll still have our head in the sand about where this club is at.

Then we’ll probably get beaten by St. Kilda next week.

2 Likes

Should have backed Sydney for the flag after round 6.

What a sad life.

1 Like

FRIDDGEE. Warming up or late change?

3 Likes

BRING HIM IN

Sounds realistic to me.
We’re two wins out of the eight.
If we win we’ll be…two wins out of the eight.
The season was screwed last week, and I don’t see how you could have any enthusiasm for beating anyone if you can’t beat 18th at home.
Play the kids. Get the pick. Pretend it’s all going to plan.

1 Like

I reckon too many people are just not equipped to deal with inevitable failures. Loss is part of life. If you make sport your life, then your team’s loss feels like a death. But it’s not. It’s a game. A high-stakes game that wealthy kids play for the amusement of the masses and the extreme profits of the mega-rich. I understand that loss is a difficult one to handle when you’re young, and some people carry that weight till their middle years - when hopefully - they mellow a little and realise that there is a whole lot more to life than winning things. And if they go through their entire lives unable to deal with this - than I do not take it back - it’s a ■■■■■■ sad life indeed.

5 Likes

That’s a lot to extrapolate from a team that screwed its season last week.
smile
Thanks for caring, though. I M OK.
Not actually about me, though.

1 Like

So have I got this straight: it’s sad that someone doesn’t care because they should have enough perspective to know that they shouldn’t care, and clearly they care too much because they don’t care?

2 Likes

Yay! We won the flag! What’s for dinner?

3 Likes