The Team: Collingwood v Essendon MCG , 2:10pm Saturday, July 8 - The Langford no Moore

I’m not smart enough to work that one out, sorry.
Also, I should be working.

■■■■ this ■■■■ club.
no big boi.

Jeremy Howe has been replaced in Collingwood’s side by Matt Scharenberg. No changes for @EssendonFC. #AFLPiesDons

1 Like

UH OH

11 Likes

I’m very happy with my life.
I’m just sick to death of how predictably sh*t this club is, And from where I’m sitting, nothing is being done to change it.

What exactly do we achieve by winning today, other than the feel good of beating an old rival?

I’ll tell you… it puts off the inevitable ‘■■■■ hitting the fan’ for one more week.

The only thing that is going to make this season relatively successful, is to win 4 or more games in a row. We haven’t done that since 2013.

2 Likes

What’s the weather like, grandson has sent through a couple of pics, looks very gloomy, chance of rain??
Btw he is super excited to be there, which makes me happy and forget about our lacklustre performance last week. GO BOMBERS!! :grinning:

4 Likes

If we can’t beat them now, we may as well pack it in.

1 Like

Wasn’t Howe added to their leadership group on like Thursday?
Good timing.

It’s the inevitability (or not) that many take issue with
I enjoyed last year more than I had any right to. I haven’t really enjoyed this year at all. Objectively there’s a lot more to like this year than last. So work that out?

1 Like

At least you’re not one of the many misery guts’ around here.

3 Likes

No point, :grinning: it’s another week, another game that I get to watch the Bombers, good, bad or really ugly

4 Likes

I’m just b loody happy to be enjoying footy again. This year and last.
I was mightly p issed off last week, was carrying on like a pork chop etc but since the saga and all the c rap that has happened it’s just a game to me (a game I love and supporting a club I love) but I get over it very quickly and always look forward to next week

1 Like

Maybe Tippa! will make some Collingwood players look stupid!
Maybe Big Joe will kick ten!
Maybe Conor will kick a seven bounce running goal!

There are lots of things to be excited about.
Just not much that matters in the context of the season.
Alright, if we win by twenty goals…then…maybe…

So yeah…looks like rain…

Now we will surely lose! I can imagine them thinking “With Howe out there’s no need to try too hard, boys! Just get a few goals up and cruise home in the last quarter!”

Expected to hit in the evening. Here’s hoping.

1 Like

Easy to work out - people have their perspectives and expectations skewed.

We will win… If cwood is tanking.

Buckley said in an i’view… Holding onto the coaching job isn’t reliant on them playing finals - so, maybe it’s about securing the best poss draft picks.

Every club’s supporters have over the top expectations every year. My suspicion, based on selections so far, is the club itself had unrealistic expectations that they’re going to fall a fair way short of.

People that you’ve never met…
Cool story, bro.

Meh, fair enough.
Maybe I’m colouring it by my own expectations - which were - around 10 wins. Bit of luck, sneak into finals. No less than 8 wins. I think I’m on track. If I were a little out, I suppose I’d be looking for somewhere to neck myself like some others are doing here, 'cause life wouldn’t be worth living anymore.

1 Like