The Team - ESSENDON v BRISBANE LIONS MCG , 2:10pm AEST Saturday, April 13, 2019 -- whinge about the team here

That’s just farking dumb. Love that Redman is in but farrk.

Can someone justify why Draper isn’t playing??

We have 2 cooked ruckman playing, 1 who who is over the hill and use incase of emergency at best and the other one who is slowing down and certainly not no. 1 ruck worthy going into next season.

That leaves us 1 ruckman, who is young, just starred in the vfl, is our 2020 ruckman at this point yet no dice??..

24 Likes

Franga out will be a height thing

Myer in will be a sexual thing

6 Likes

Myers! Why? Why? Why?

Does Woosha want to get sacked?

Better off playing himself

Yes, I would have liked him and Brown with the chance to swap forward and back. Given we might need Brown’s height and mobility down back, he might be a better match for Hipwood than the alternatives, and Hooker will probably be needed on McInerney. Which may mean Francis would be best playing forward, but instead we have the ruckmen. I think Franga might have been a better choice, then we would have been down a ruckman.

I suppose it was either Francis or Ambrose, or Francis or Zac Clarke.

I think it comes down to tactics, we’ll find out if they were any good soon enough.

Gonna get absolutely killed on the spread
lions are fast strong running team

1 Like

My tip literally depended on Myers in or out.

Lions will win on the wide G.

6 Likes

It has an air of familiarity about it doesn’t it.

He’s too mobile. We’re using the stiff ruckman strategy.

Hold on, we dropped Francis!!?!!??

1 Like

Francis, maybe being managed.

But Myers and Brown? Seriously! The selections sum up how mediocre we are. Neither of these 2 would get game in about 12 other teams, probably more. Yet we recall them straight away.

3 Likes

Here it is…

My only thought is that we are saving Draper up for North and the Pies, if he played against the Lions this Saturday, he would have been backing up after a 6 day break after the Sunday VFL match, where he was identified by the coach to be tiring by the last quarter. Then another 2 x 6 day breaks for Pies and North, would be too much I suspect.

If he comes in next week, to get a taste against North and back up against the Pies if he plays well enough.

5 Likes

Rested.

Fair enough, I really hope this is the case.

1 Like

dont really understand zach clarke. thought every time the ball went through his hands we turned it over. Surely a great week to play Draper.

Would have thought against the Lions Francis would have been handy. Petracca was a monster match up for him.

I dont mind Myers for Mutch. Dave gives us just as much. (no pun intended) and dont see an obvious alternative.

Hooksy is a walk up. thank god he is back.

Looking forward to the weekend. Form of ZMerrett,Heppell,TBC,Shiel and Fantasia will decide if we win.

I have faith in Brown to offer something and Stringer and Walla are in top touch.

2 Likes

Selection Committee: How come you’ve been playing Guelfi in the backline?
Woosha: He hasn’t forced his way into the midfield…
Selection: So maybe we could bring in Redman as a backman?
Woosha: I’ll name Redders on the wing, then.

5 Likes

I like the idea of Myers in.

To protect the kids.

When we eventually play one.

5 Likes

Nope…omitted

1 Like

What a logical and calm post.

100% agree.

3 Likes

We’re done.