The Team - GWS v Us - DC out for "The Pidge" (Blame Marvel)

Left field thought but I’d like to see Merrett run with Kelly this week. They are going to tag him for sure after the hatchet job he did on Geelong, so stick him on Kelly and tell him to give him hell. He’s a great runner and and even better tackler, and Kelly will likely lose him running the other way.

12 games left, not 13. You’re forgetting the bye.

We’ve only played 9 so that would mean 13 to go.

2 Likes

I am an idiot!

5 Likes

Who flew to Sydney, or if its easier, which emergencies did not?

1 Like

I thought you had t be 18 to bet.

1 Like

Are the boys you donnington and guelfi?

1 Like

We’ve tried that. It failed spectacularly. McGrath’s the man.

Was it run with or head to head?

It was probably head to head

I reckon the media would love us to win.

Then they can spend all of next week writing about the crisis at GWS, and turning up the heat on Leon Cameron…Leon would be dreading it.

They’d probably like us to lose so they can stick it to our big mean coach

This is one of those games.

We had a great win last week built on all-out intensity and hardness at the ball. One of those wins that gives you heart, makes supporting this team worthwhile. One of those wins that makes you think that maybe, just maybe, maybe this time it’s the start of something new. The start of the path to success. To consistent success. To our 17th flag.

So this game. Against GWS. Against a team with a ton of talent, but missing a fair bit of that talent this week. An interstate team playing at home, but a team that’s in poor form and has shown little real steel during its short history. So a winnable game. A definite opportunity. A game that we will win if we play as we did last week.

We’ll lose.

4 Likes

2 weeks in a row with better selection. now next step is less and less golden tickets of players waltzing straight back into the team, regardless of their name. Standards need to be set from the line in the sand moment last week. I hope.

5 Likes

Win this and there’s a good chance Dreamtime will shake 85-95k next week.

4 Likes

Plez

please essendon please just win please just back up how we played last week please for the love of god

8 Likes

“John, did you enjoy tonight’s game, or did you prefer beating Geelong last week?”

3 Likes

bit hard on clarke, id have hoped they’d give the kid a second game to see if it was just nerves or what. he still performed his role however which was pleasing.

I’d have prefered they dropped lav for mcg. move him back to the hbf and move goddard away from the backline and either move him to the wing, or hff and let him roam.

1 Like

Exactly right, we should be playing with the same desperation every week. It’s the 1 percenters that won us the game against Geelong, not skill level not ability, just pure determination and desperation. That is how we should play Every week. If we get beaten by a better team then so be it.

We need a ruthless hard desperate edge week in week out to become a good team. Gws have all the tallent in the world but like us are soft mentally.

I hope both teams come out desperate, if they do we are in for a cracker.