The team...one last time

NOB out with general soreness?

Whos playing there last game for essendon…opinions wanted

I’m afraid this is the end of Hardingham. Poor guy.

oh bother. love you fletch

■■■■ that select fletch so he can run out then sub him. Or sub him in with 5 to go.

Really wish they'd concentrated on the VFL. With Fletch not playing this is the biggest non-event of a game, perhaps in history.
No nouse to select well enough to even do that, at least they had a decent chance of playing finals.
Really wish they'd concentrated on the VFL. With Fletch not playing this is the biggest non-event of a game, perhaps in history.
Well, Edwards was ■■■■■■ useless last week, so we put in the AFL team. Should have taken Dalgleish and Long with him instead of Steinberg and Ashby/KAV, though.
■■■■ that select fletch so he can run out then sub him. Or sub him in with 5 to go.

Doc Reid stated very clearly that if Fletch wasn’t right he wouldn’t let him play, regardless of whether last game or not. must be a serious injury if that is the case, to not even allow a 1 minute run out onto the ground and chair off afterwards.

The most interesting thing about this team selection is in the photo mugshots of the players used in the email from the Club. According to that Ashby = Gleeson Mk 2.

So long Fletch. Very sad for you not been able to get up for this last game. You will always be remembered as one of the Essendon greats.

Playing on… oh yeah …

Very sad for Fletch to not even become our last ever ‘sub’. Would’ve been fun to see him go to Full Forward for the last quarter and a bit.

i remember saying something similar in 05 when the vfl side was going into the finals.
The usual suspects however chimed in with the, oh AFL games are more valuable than VFL ones so who cares about the vfl.

Not to say that one game was the differnce, but ricky dyson ended up being probably the most consistent out of that bunch. Granted Winder was cruelled by injury and you could argue they may have been ■■■■ players to begin with, but no one really developed beyond average from that exceptional 1 games exp in the afl.

Kind of happy Fletch didnt get up.
Doesnt deserve to go out in a meaningless game infront of a small crowd and probably on the end of a belting. He deserves so much better than that

KAV

CHAD SEXINGTON

Last time :frowning:

NOB out with general soreness?

I chuckled.

Kind of happy Fletch didnt get up. Doesnt deserve to go out in a meaningless game infront of a small crowd and probably on the end of a belting. He deserves so much better than that

Agree.
I think Fletch is greater than some token game, which is likely to be a big defeat, given the side we are putting on the field, and given the lack of motivation in the playing group.
His career speaks for itself, and I think the memory would only have been diminished by having him go around half fit in a shell of a team in a meaningless game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn’t actually a selection of a team.
We have named every fit available player on the list except Long and Dalgleish, I think.
It is hardly selecting a team when there are only 27 available and you just pick the two to leave out.