The Team - Rd9 vs Sydney @SCG - Sat 7.25pm

I hope we have practiced wet weather footy even though Saturday looks a half decent day it just rains up here most days .

And I’m still not going regardless of an intense desire to go even though I keep telling myself we can win but in reality the 12km walk home in the rain after another dodgy decision has cost us the game is still firmly in my mind.

3 Likes

Baldwin very unlucky but who would miss out? If he could also ruck then Bryan would have to drop out.

2 Likes

I’ve got a very good feeling about this game.

Swans by 74pts

14 Likes

I don’t think Baldwin is that unlucky.

No teams are playing 2 rucks + 3 kpf’s

At least not consistently, Tigers I think trialled it at one point.

Martin will end up another marking target fwd anyway IMO

Coaches preferred what Francis offers over Baldwin at this stage. And fair enough on last weeks game.

10 Likes

Best selections/changes we have made all year.

2 Likes

Was Baldwin that stiff?

He kicked 1 goal in a team that kicked 17.

7 Likes

Right call leaving Francis in instead of brining in waterman.

We need aerial presence to support 2MP… otherwise opposition key back zone off at wil

9 Likes

You don’t think we need some more?

Why would Martin be a marking target up forward?

Really like these changes. Winning starts at the selection table.

Retaining Bryan and Reid is very important.
Bryan adds so much by allowing Draper to be the resting ruck in the forward line for a breather and provides plenty in the ruck and around the ground The Draper Bryan combo could be a premiership double act like Jackson & Gawn.

Baldwin out is the right move. He has tasted senior footy and done ok. His fitness levels and forward craft need to be developed significantly further in the VFL.

For comparison Lloydy wasn’t injured in his pre AFL years the way Baldwin was, nor had to put up with a COVID pause in playing. Lloyd played 5 games of AFL in his first year and spent the majority of time in the VFL that year.

We all know how important it is to develop fitness and foreword craft and this will be refined significantly in the VFL.

We still have lots of footy this season to go so I fully expect Baldy will get more games especially in the second half.

Reid is an exceptional case. We don’t have a big tall alternative defernder of his class waiting. Once Stewart’s is fit I would still prefer Reid.

Guelfi is a best 22 player and like Snelling adds pressure and grunt and is a lock for mine.

Durham is fast becoming best 22 as a classy winger who could replace someone like Shiel as his body gets bigger imo. He is a future star and should be getting as many games into him as possible.

I strongly endorse these selections.

Bar Stringer and Jones and Tippa once fit this side is perhaps the best we can field based on talent.

8 Likes

I think he will come into fwd group in place of Baldwin, play HFF role he knows.

192cm and good overhead.

1 Like

17 goals? Essendon? I call bullshit

:slight_smile:

He might be 192 but he doesn’t play like a marking target in the forward line.

Martin is not shy for a goal

Jones back soon as well

2 Likes

Martin was a gun forward In WAFL

3 Likes

He was a gun marking forward option in the wafl?

I thought the reason he had blossomed here was because our coaches played him wing / half forward.

He was a smoking gun forward option in the wafl

1 Like

Regarding the playing of Sweet Caroline at the SCG…

Too much “Clockwork Orange” for my like
s1zkyxf

4 Likes

Langford?

1 Like