The Team - Rd9 vs Sydney @SCG - Sat 7.25pm

Good team, no excuses.

1 Like

Yes he can play a role there for sure.

No one is saying he is a marking forward, pack marking isn’t his strength. Look at Franklin, can’t take a pack mark, but a brilliant lead up forward.

Given his height, speed, balance and kicking skills he is an excellent forward and can work as a lead up forward or crumber or creative forward.

His goal sense can’t be denied.

Bayley Fritsch is a good example of a current day role player that he could emulate. He is however a similar height to Matthew Lloyd, something lost on many.

I’ve watched him play in the WAFL and you’re going be surprised how good he is.
I made the call early, this guy is special.

3 Likes

I bought tickets for this game some weeks ago when I realised we were going to be in Sydney this weekend. I dreaded it at the time but being from Qld could not give up the chance to see us play live. What a difference a couple of weeks makes… I’m so excited and half hopeful now. Got my #22 guernsey in the suitcase and can’t wait to see the young guys perform. I so hope we smash them.
Go Bombers.
(Really hope Waterman is the sub).

23 Likes

I’d be really disappointed if he wasn’t developed into a wing / mid.

I don’t see his leading and marking game anywhere near emulating Fritsch, which is fine because he is nowhere near the mid prospect Martin is.

1 Like

He doesn’t need to be Fritsch when he can be Martin.

Hird played those roles as half forward and midfield.

Neither Hird or Fritsch kicked 5 goals on debut either

5 Likes

Reid is the one we need to keep going, great game last week, reckon he steps up this week

3 Likes

10 goal win hold me to it!

1 Like

Lol

It is a solid team… and shows why so many of us had hope at the start of the season.

I personally would have kept Baldwin in… but I can see why he was dropped and… I love that Francis kept his spot as I thought he was really a good foil to 2MP last week. LOVE that we have kept the 2 ruck set up.

Looks like our best ‘balanced’ team of the year. Only Stringer and Jones missing from my ‘pre season’ Round 1 best 22 (excluding AMT)

9 Likes

Agree, easy to forget how important he was last year. Martin likely has his role right now so perhaps Durham goes out for Langford when finally fit and ready.

1 Like

Again I would hate for Durham to lose his spot to Langford. I think Cutler goes out before Durham for mine… and I’m growing (slowly) into a Cutler fan.

5 Likes

That works too. Also agree Cutler has become solid and reliable and only so as a result of a consistent run of games last year. Would hate for him to go out and lose that touch but for me Langford is ahead of both him and Durham.

Snelling?

Out: Ham (omitted)

download

4 Likes

Probably means Shiel gets dropped. think Snelling is better for team structure and forward pressure plus better in front of goals.

@scotty21 just might do that for you I suspect

Langford and Francis might end up vying for the same spot.

Shiel won’t get dropped. Neither will Cutler. It’ll be Hobbs or Durham, because they “haven’t paid their dues,” as the Pommy said.

If Swans win by less than 74 Points @Clone_Hirdy to fill his new pool with Swan Lager when complete and to host a wee piglet like plugger in his backyard

1 Like

Didn’t come at my man 2MP so this is fine.

1 Like

Can we just put Reid to fullback and leave him there for 10 years

4 Likes