The Team VS Adelaide Round 4

Just on this, we always say play the kids. He’s still a kid, played only 24 games and had a knee reco thrown in. Yes he wasn’t great against the Dees. But they happen to have 1 of the best rucks in the comp. Surely we cut him some slack and just get games into him?

13 Likes

Ham is a poor mans Jackson Merrett.

10 Likes

Draper has been poor since the intra club give Bryan a crack

2 Likes

Yes. they will keep playing him

have we ever listed an out on a sunday teams announcement?

Too far man, too far.

2 Likes

Bryan the ruckman who barely broke even with bog standard VFL ruckman Majak Daw last week? Draper would flog Daw

5 Likes

But he’s not a kid anymore. He was drafted in 2016. He’s the same age as McGrath

Bryan would be teaming up with Phillips

1 Like

Ham and Guelfi named in the same forward line makes me shiver

3 Likes

Like a sexy shiver??

3 Likes

He’s a kid when it comes to ruckmen as most bloom much later. McGrath isn’t a great comparison because he’s played nearly 100 games in that same time frame.

7 Likes

I understand where you are coming from. I’m all for playing the youngsters, but they to give something. Draper at the moment is providing zero around the ground- i reckon he wouldn’t of taken more than 5 marks total so far this season. We even selected a 2nd ruck to help him out against Gawn and he still provided absolutely nothing

He isn’t even providing a physical presence and throwing his weight around at the stoppages either. Nothing wrong with dropping a young player to send them a message that if you aren’t bringing certain things to the team, you are dropped

4 Likes

Hope BZT gets a game

9 Likes

That’s all very fair. I’d just prefer to keep the games ticking over so he’s cherry ripe when we have a fair dinkum crack at the flag in 2050.

9 Likes

Who mentioned number of possessions? The defining measure of his performed is the coaches assessment. They’re not going to be impressed by stats padding, they’re going to be impressed if he executes well what they ask of him.

5 Likes

Interesting that BZT is in and Stewart and Redman are also on the extended bench

2 Likes

They are playing against the bottom team.

Of course they give themselves a chance

5 Likes

What will happen if we lose? Not sure even the happy clappers can defend it

Since when is this a guarantee though? If anything our guys go backwards the more games they play.

1 Like