The Team vs Adelaide

Happy for melksham to be given another opportunity. He's in our best 22. Back him in to work through form issues

Fair call. Although that says more about our best 22 than it does Melksham.

MELKSHAKE BABY

It was the correct decision to rest Chapman, perhaps they give him 2 weeks off to really get his zip back.

J Merret unlucky not to get picked in front of Colyer.

Overall I like that they didn't make many changes, it gives this group the opportunity to apologise for last week's effort.

Coyler was BOG last week. Played a brilliant game. Give him a chance

Looks like the only way Melksham will ever be removed from the side is if ASADA have their way!

Maybe Essendon are nursing him to 100 games (only 10 more to go) with an eye to a father-son pickup in future years?

I'm at a loss to see what Melksham offers even when he's not in dreadful form.

Didn't DJR say last week in the two's Colyer played well without his kicking errors.

I mean fark, when a penny drops it drops doesn't it? (hoping)

Coach- " Look Trav, great running, we want you to use your pace.

But from now on at training, you must slow down 5 steps before disposing of the ball.

Guys, when Trav is under pressure, look to push off and provide some run on so he can use you as an option if required.

Yeah,nah............

Colyer is contracted next year, if he’s playing well in the VFL why not see hows he’s travelling.

And yes there is a little trav in there :slight_smile:

Persisting with the turnover king, what a Melk-shame

I think its okay to give him another go....he didnt bomb it in...he did try to spear it in low.....the forwards should make a bit more effort to play in front to receive those sort of passes....guess they have gotten used to having to park under bombs

It was the correct decision to rest Chapman, perhaps they give him 2 weeks off to really get his zip back.

J Merret unlucky not to get picked in front of Colyer.

Overall I like that they didn't make many changes, it gives this group the opportunity to apologise for last week's effort.

Chapman is getting rested this week so he can play next week against Geelong

Are

you 

serious

poses an interesting connundrum.

If the coaches can't make the hard decisions that need to be made, esp re players, how can they expect players to do the same in the heat of battle on gameday ?

If you want players to follow your lead, you actually have to give them something worth following.

Obviously Bomba is an asadafl stooge to secretly bring us down from the inside.

Only logical reason for picking melks again.

Melk Sub for sure.

Some lucky boys in that team.

I am going to royally fark you all when melk turns his form around

Persisting with the turnover king, what a Melk-shame

I think its okay to give him another go....he didnt bomb it in...he did try to spear it in low.....the forwards should make a bit more effort to play in front to receive those sort of passes....guess they have gotten used to having to park under bombs
Could just just have easily been a set play which Melksham carried out perfectly and the forwards stuffed up. A bit of a block and a lead into space, presto easy mark and shot for point.

I look forward to some run and carry from Trav, Zerrett and Zakka. If Demps and Licha can get up amongst it, we'll have great pace through the middle.

Worried that Tex may be too quick for Hooker, too big for Hurls and too young for Fletcher

Would you go Hurls on pods or Jenkins?

Get Hocking to do the job he did last year. Was it on Danger or Thompson?

Not overly confident but it really is a 50/50 game. Last week just seriously deflated me

Maybe use Winders as a sub

With Chapman out Del should have come in

Go Bombers!

So Colyer comes in who can't kick to save his life. Melksham stays after doing nothing for ages.
Dell doesn't come in..
newsroom-throwing-blackberry.gif

Yeah cos Dells done heaps.
Clearly he is a back up only small forward.
Coyler and Melksham are midfielders

Melk Sub for sure.
Some lucky boys in that team.

Melks not named on the bench can't be sub then can he?

So Colyer comes in who can't kick to save his life. Melksham stays after doing nothing for ages.
Dell doesn't come in..
newsroom-throwing-blackberry.gif

Yeah cos Dells done heaps.
Clearly he is a back up only small forward.
Coyler and Melksham are midfielders
Coyler is streets ahead of Dell.
What does Dell offer?
I could run quicker than him with my heels on.