The Team vs Adelaide

And the game before that, at Docklands, they squeezed past us by kicking 21.4…

GRRR. They were pulling them out of their sphincters all afternoon.
Wasn't that Dangerfield's debut game?
Chris Knights kicked a bag all 50m from the boundary IIRC too -_-

Melkman will deliver

I don't see what's "forward" about Colyer. Can't mark, can't really kick. Are you guys just calling him that cos he's quick and short? He's a midfielder. 

Also if your post is positive on DELL, that's why I'm liking it. I probably didn't read what you said about the other plebs in our team.

Not to be a downer but Bomber didnt seem all that confident we would play well this week in his presser, and seemed a little flat. 

Its just the impression i got and the coaches typically have a fair idea on the team's preparation and how theyre gonna come out and play

Also if your post is positive on DELL, that's why I'm liking it. I probably didn't read what you said about the other plebs in our team.

DELL

Not to be a downer but Bomber didnt seem all that confident we would play well this week in his presser, and seemed a little flat. 

Its just the impression i got and the coaches typically have a fair idea on the team's preparation and how theyre gonna come out and play

But Bomber keeps telling us we'll be better next week.  So he sure as ■■■■ was wrong last week when he intimated that.

So maybe he's trying reverse psychology????  lid off???

That was the first game of footy my Mrs attended with me... It would turn out to be the last.

I don't see what's "forward" about Colyer. Can't mark, can't really kick. Are you guys just calling him that cos he's quick and short? He's a midfielder. 

I actually thought Colyer looked an ok mark for his size (granted he's a smurf)

As for the Hooker/Hurley vs Jenkins/Walker debate -  Hooker gets for whoever stays home for mine. Tex has been getting up the ground a lot and I think Hurley is the man to run with him.

Fletcher and Pods can go head to head and swap 'back in my day' type stories. 

Wasn't that Dangerfield's debut game?
Chris Knights kicked a bag all 50m from the boundary IIRC too -_-

Yep. And Tippett went nuts on us.

And the betting market has the same impression. We are at $2.35 vs crows at $1.62

Agree, he's best played on the wing. 

Though, to his credit, he is actually quite a strong mark (a lot stronger than Leroy at least), that said I can't link to any vision...

I agree with your sentiment in part, but let's not forget, Bomba was very upbeat at last week's presser and as Jackie reported from training, we looked excellent last week on the track.

True, It might all unravel on field this week. But we could easily come out breathing fire.

A large part of that is the responsibility of the crowd - The #backourboys vibe will be MEGA!

Team v Asadalaide Crows

IN: Fractions

Out: Rageous

Sorry, wrong thread…

What happened to #Backourboys!!

I've had a quick read through the posts, and the NEGATIVITY in this thread is unbelievable. 

No-one is happy with players being picked, players not being picked, players not being dropped, players left in the VFL, the coach, etc etc etc.

SUPPORT THE TEAM.   With so much crap going on, we should be trying to focus on positive aspects for once with the 22 selected (who btw are under extreme pressure from outside the club), and leave the negative stuff for the Sorry Saga thread! 

GO Bombers!  

I thought the agenda for that was to support the players in relation to all the asada stuff specifically.

Totally different thing IMO to supporting players who aren't going to improve us as a club, or move us forward, which is were the like and dislike of certain players staying in, or not being picked comes into it.

was interesting.

Last week he was all gun ho about how the loss wasn't to much to do with the ASADA crap.

This week it's  oh we don't know how they will come out and react to it from week to week.

Which one is it ?

If it's effecting them to the point they can't turn up and perform the key elements of the game, because this hanging over their heads restricts them that much, they should have just copped the 6 months, and focus on next year.

Tis just to much of yet another convienent excuse for them to hide behind IMO.

I'm not totally heartless, i'm sure it's taking it's toll on them, but if they can't turn up and perform on the 2 hours that it matters, they aren't really helping themselves or the club out. If you need time off or away from the sport, I don't think anyone would begrudge our players that.

But atm we are just going through the motions, paddling in circles not going anywhere, and something has to change, cos as far as we can tell, the ASADA ■■■■ ain't going anywhere anytime soon. The grieving process takes time to heal yes, but tht's also after a loss, we haven't lost anything yet, it's not even half way through the damn saga yet, so simply waiting for it to finish isn't really a viable option.

I am more interested in how much contested ball Colyer wins next week against a good team in Geelong. For me its about winning ball,than his kicking.

Totally agree Yaco. Hope he is played on the ball for decent spells. Is only a part time small fwd.

With all the ASADA stuff i wonder how much bearing that has on selection. Should we play guys who weren’t around in 2012 or get as many out on the field. I reckon it would be hard being Colyer and not getting a chance to play but still suffering from all the stress.

Didn’t seem to work last week.

I think we will perform better tonight, the initial shock of last week's bombshell has had time to dissipate and there has been some favourable press regarding the players this week, Adelaide are a better team than the dees so I'm under no illusions but I think we can do this..