The Team vs Adelaide

Winders surely starts as the sub. 

Hurley needs to play on Tex. If Hurley is for realsies he'll get the job done. 

Side lacked pace so Colyer makes some kind of sense. 

And yeah, save Chappy for his GF next week.

Hooker on Tex for mine. Hurley on Jenkins.

The 'Dell' fad/fan thing on this site is well and truly done.

It was kinda fun for a while but time to put it into a  footballing perspective.

What happened to #Backourboys!!

I've had a quick read through the posts, and the NEGATIVITY in this thread is unbelievable. 

No-one is happy with players being picked, players not being picked, players not being dropped, players left in the VFL, the coach, etc etc etc.

SUPPORT THE TEAM.   With so much crap going on, we should be trying to focus on positive aspects for once with the 22 selected (who btw are under extreme pressure from outside the club), and leave the negative stuff for the Sorry Saga thread! 

GO Bombers!  

Im Happy with Colyer in and Dustin.  Just hope colyer players to his best.

it seems a little arrogant to rest chapman this week, given we rested fletcher last week and it cost us a win.

But I understand hes old and wants to be in tip top condition versus cats.

Keeping Dempsey Bellchambers, winderlich and Melksham in is okay as long as they deliver this week.

We have no direct replacement for Bellchambers, so he is likely to keep spot, unless we go back to carlisle ruck/forward.

Without Gleeson, I cannot see Dempsey being dropped. And think even if Gleeson was available they would play both in the same side before dropping Dempsey.

Obviously winderlich has more runs on the board than dell, but as dell keeps improving the gap between the two means wwe have a good small forward to come in if we need. altho a bit surprising he didn't come in for chappy, however chappy played more mid than small forward last week.

We need Colyer in the side for his excellent finishing skills!  We really lacked his polished kicking into the forward line last week.....he will fix that problem.

Not!

We need Colyer in the side for his excellent finishing skills! We really lacked his polished kicking into the forward line last week.....he will fix that problem.
Not!

And how do you know that?
From all accounts has improved in VFL.
Needs to be given a chance. If his kicking is still terrible as it has been in the past at least he will provide some run and carry
Back our boys!!

At the start of the year I wanted Colyer to play from round 1.

I felt that his ability to break the lines, and attack with speed was valuable, and certainly not something we get from anyone else.  I also felt that he could be instructed not to even bother trying to kick to one of our players, but to simply get it inside F50, possibly mongrelled along the ground toward the boundary line.  Or to even run until he could handball off to another player, or reaches the goal line in which case he was allowed to kick the ball... whichever comes first.

But even to me, it does seem strange to be giving him a call-up now.

Surely the AFL made a mistake when they fixtured this one at Etihad?

LAST FIVE TIMES
R1, 2013, Essendon 18.9 (117) d Adelaide 11.16 (82) at AAMI Stadium
R19, 2012, Adelaide 16.8 (104) d Essendon 15.10 (100) at AAMI Stadium
R17, 2011, Essendon 12.12 (84) d Adelaide 10.13 (73) at AAMI Stadium
R14, 2010, Adelaide 19.10 (124) d Essendon 5.10 (40) at AAMI Stadium
1EF, 2009, Adelaide 26.10 (166) d Essendon 10.10 (70) at AAMI Stadium

Hopefully the boys are fired up and feel a bit more confident about everything else going on.

It was kinda fun for a while but time to put it into a  footballing perspective.

Here‘s a football perspective for ya — at least he knows where the freakin‘ goals are.

Here‘s a football perspective for ya — at least he knows where the freakin‘ goals are.

And when he lays a tackle it sticks ....and hurts...!!!

...if he can catch the guy with the ball!

he swears a lot. 

Surely the AFL made a mistake when they fixtured this one at Etihad?

LAST FIVE TIMES
R1, 2013, Essendon 18.9 (117) d Adelaide 11.16 (82) at AAMI Stadium
R19, 2012, Adelaide 16.8 (104) d Essendon 15.10 (100) at AAMI Stadium
R17, 2011, Essendon 12.12 (84) d Adelaide 10.13 (73) at AAMI Stadium

How good was that elimiation final? Good times back then.

Margins of 14.0 and 16.0!!!
And the game before that, at Docklands, they squeezed past us by kicking 21.4…

We'll win. 

Colyer. Yes please. 

Colyer............Fletcher..........Chap...Antrobus?

All talk should be centered on 2 things:-

1/How our players deliver into our forward line.

2/ How our forwards lead and crumb in the forward line.

That's where it will be won and lost for us, surely that's clear by now?

Colyer............Fletcher..........Chap...Antrobus?

All talk should be centered on 2 things:-

1/How our players deliver into our forward line.

2/ How our forwards lead and crumb in the forward line.

That's where it will be won and lost for us, surely that's clear by now?

Hard to do with no geniune small forwards, no one front and center. It is why I would like to see Dell or Coyler and definitely Jackson Merret in the team. The first two are goal sneaks (not in the bewick line but just goal sneaks). Merrett is very clever around goals, should be in the forward line at the moment.

And the game before that, at Docklands, they squeezed past us by kicking 21.4…

GRRR. They were pulling them out of their sphincters all afternoon.