THE TEAM VS BEARS - 2021 round 5

For a moment there I was thinking the selection committee had grown a pair and dropped Wright for Phillips

Trolling you with some of the positions again

Rutten on rucks

• Phillips only 1 game back off an interrupted preseason, close but not ready.
  • But also keen to back Wright in, understand he’s not playing his primary position but can contribute well enough
  • Langford/Cox 2nd ruck. Gives us an advantage around the ground. Seen in our games thus far a lot less stoppages than have in past.
2 Likes

Feel bad for BZT & Guelfi. But, I’m really excited to see Reid debut.

9 Likes

“We were beaten badly in the clearances last week so thats been the main focus this week”

Can’t help but to like Rutten they identified a problem last week and went to work on it this week

3 Likes

The ball use amongst our defensive unit is extraordinary. Can’t wait to bomb it long down the line.

3 Likes

It’s wonderful to finally see a side built for the future.

4 Likes

BZT very stiff, imo. That said, so excited to see how Reid goes!

Just looking at that team named and I’m already excited to see us play - hopefully we can bring the same pressure and intensity again.

2 Likes

Not as bad as last week but if Cox actually plays significant Ruck minutes while Wright cools his heels on the bench I’ll be pretty ■■■■■■ they haven’t rolled the dice on Phillips

2 Likes

Rutten will 100% win me over when he says:

“We were really poor at our kick ins last week and went to work on it this week”

5 Likes

Really happy with the team. If we bring the heat again this week I’ll be convinced that change is setting in, win lose or draw.
Just want to see Reidy outmark JD or Hippy once and night is a success

1 Like

But even if Phillips was in it would be the same issue, unless we change the structure and keep Wright in as a forward. I wouldn’t like Wright, Hooker, Stringer and Jones in the same forward line

How in gods name can Reid compete against Joe? A DOUBLE TEAM kind of vibe?

They’ve changed their modus operandi from last year as Zakka has not just stepped straight in.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I like him too. But players should no longer be gifted players just because they are veterans or have gone through the saga…

2 Likes

If any club has an idea of how to match up on Joe I’d say it is ours. Maybe Lav, Francis and Ridley have backed themselves in to take care of him?

1 Like

LIKE :+1:

Zaka seems like a great pro and I would imagine he fully understands this. If an opportunity arises then I’m sure he’ll be ready.

4 Likes

But actually sees like everyone else and admits it and tries to rectify it.

Seriously how hard has it been prior to getting to this point. I have excitement back in Essendon and look forward now too game day.

It’s not even about wins or losses but competing hard each week and sticking to a plan which is apparent now.

2 Likes

imagine coming out of a coma suffered in september 2020 and waking up this week ! you would think ,…what the!!
great to see so many youngsters given opportunities and i reckon they’ll star!!!

1 Like