THE TEAM VS BEARS - 2021 round 5

I have reasonable faith in 2MP as a forward but is anyone else shocked that he’s gonna be number 1 ruck again after last week.

Hickey/Reid absolutely smashed him

Love the side not to joe:

You left us but here’s a first hand look at what we got in return (take your pick out of cox, Perkins and Reid all of whom are playing)

I’d back Phillips to play more ruck minutes than Wright did last week

2 Likes

tis weird, like the in’s, don’t necessarily agree the outs deserved to get the chop, but not upset about it either.

what a weird feeling in relation to essendon.

curious where it leaves guelfi. the carlton game he started as a forward cos snelling wasn’t there in the first half. did pretty well then got injured.
missed a few weeks, then comes in and is moved to the backline to cover redmans absence in the second half of the saints game. had an ok saints game, as did everyone.
didn’t seem to do anything majorly wrong in the sydney game, yet finds himself out of the side.

Ditto thatcher, don’t see what he technically has done to warrant being dropped, interesting it all it. argh well.

2 Likes

Joe is Joe’s most dangerous opponent.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Btw gonna be wet weather footy!

I think he’s stiff to miss out as well. What were the instructions you mentioned?

I’m not sure anyone would get hurt in that scenario

1 Like

Francis has been a great beneficiary of having BZT down there so i’ll be interested to see how he goes now with Reid coming in. Imagine Frang gets Joe, Lav on Mcstay and Reid on Hipwood.

2 Likes

I would rather liked to see a ruckman in the team

3 Likes

They have mentioned one but said he has only played one vfl game.

Maybe they think he’s better off getting the work in and being ready to run out a game

1 Like

Another debut, very good, looking forward to seeing Reid and hope his debut is as good as the others have been.

4 Likes

How raw is Bryan? Because we seriously need a ruckman.

We can’t be serious rucking with Cox and Wright.

3 Likes

LOIKE

No offence to zacka as a person but I think the most pleasing thing re team news is he isn’t getting picked…

The kids are getting a go!

4 Likes

I don’t like the named team for a couple of reasons. First off Guelfi shouldn’t have been omitted. He’s a worthwhile role player/foot soldier that every team needs. Richmond have a number of blokes of his ilk (McIntosh, Broad, etc) that aren’t stars but they are hard, committed and play whatever role is asked of him. I’d have sent him to Lachie Neale to tag him all night, annoy the ■■■■ out of him and make his life difficult. If he ends up running around unattended and gets 35 and kicks 2-3 then it’s a massive fail. Second, Wright is very VERY lucky to keep his spot. I hope he’s been read the riot act and told he’s on thin ice for Anzac Day if he doesn’t show greater urgency. I’d be picking Bryan right now but if they feel he isn’t ready fair enough, but Flip would be in because whist he’s no Max Gawn he will bust his gut and give everything, which would be an upgrade on what we got from 2MP.

And I’ll say it again and I’ll wear people calling me a hater, but we are accomodating a captain that isn’t worth his spot in the team as a player. Where does he play this week? Down back? Redders returns, so he should slot into defence with Hindy on the flanks. Heppell, as good of a player as he’s been over the years, is done. He’s slow, he’s not strong over the ball, he loses his feet all the time and has zero accountability. He can’t keep up in midfield any longer and across half-back he’s a liability defensively. If you’re Chris Fagan you’d tell Brisbane to play through Hepps’ direct opponent at every opportunity. Hit up short leads, work him back towards goal. I hope I’m wrong but the signs are not good for him.

Anyway, hope Reid does well on debut, he will have his hands full whoever he gets out of Judas or Hipwood. Another strong 4-quarter effort against a fancied opponent would be further progress for this young team!

2 Likes

Damn my boy Guelf.
Exciting line up though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A strong brisbane line up.

It’s season defining for us.

Can we be consistent with our effort or are we content being patchy and receiving praise for honourable losses thus cannot back it up.

Guelfi played back last week, Redman’s swapping in directly for him. Heppell plays the same place he did last week.

1 Like