THE TEAM VS BEARS - 2021 round 5

Why no Bryan?

Won’t be surprised to be reading blitz after the game reading all about us needing a ruckman.

Now let’s ■■■■■■■ beat these ■■■■■.

1 Like

It’s all on Wright now to respond and reward the faith that the coaches have put in him.

3 Likes

We’ll have two genuine rucks sharing duties in the VFL, while two non-rucks pinch hit in the seniors.

It’s not ideal.

9 Likes

Harsh on Hepp. He’s first picked when fit every week

What year is it

1 Like

So let’s compare the selected team for this week compared with the team that last beat Brisbane back on April 13, 2019 (virtually exactly two years ago to the day) …

IN: Laverde (25), Zach Reid (19), Aaron Francis (23), Langford (24), Waterman (24), Harrison Jones (22), Snelling (23), Archie Perkins (19), Nik Cox (19), Brayden Ham (21), Nick Hind (26), Peter Wright (24),

OUT: Ambrose, Baguley, Bellchambers, Mitch Brown, Zac Clarke, Fantasia, Hurley, Conor McKenna, Myers, Saad, Shiel, Zaharakis

Half a team. Definite rebuild.

8 Likes

We are going to win!

I understand Redman for Guelfi, although it’s tough on Guelfi. But I really can’t understand Reid for Her-Thatcher. He’s as tall as Daniher, but he’s built like a toothpick and this will be his first AFL game. Zerk-Thatcher is also not strongly built, but he’s got a lot more substance than Reid; and over the last 4 weeks the backline has been developing pretty well as a team. I can’t see any real reason to break up that team in this particular way at this particular time.

1 Like

Happy with the changes. Hopefully Zaka plays in the 2s rather than be sub again.

Guelfi logical player to be the sub.

We don’t know what the coaches have asked BZT to do during games.

If they’ve set expectations for him, and he hasn’t achieved that, I can understand them dropping him.

But really, no one knows.

Glad that Reid got his chance.

Worsfold hated zerk-thatcher? now rutten is taken over the mantle of hating zerk-thatcher too, he kept the king of the st kilda.to only 2 goal unlucky, they should have drop Langford for zach why didn’t they drop the laverde

Had to work late last night and couldn’t make the local footy clubrooms. Phone a mate who I know would be there to do my tipping. Bombers?? You going for a roughie? Fark off, lions are the roughies!!!

1 Like

he played in the vfl praccy match anyway didn’t he ?

maybe the sub can play a half in the vfl this week and still make it to the game tonight to be sub also ?

Jon Ralph framed our selection. “Essendon have selected Zach Reid to play against the Lions/Daniher, the player they selected with the pick they got for Joe”

Also mentioned that Essendon keep telling him that Reid is the pick of the bunch.

6 Likes

But is he going to be the No.1 ruck ? Cox is named in the ruck, and 2MP to start on the bench, which suggests they want to give Nik Cox a decent run at it, with Wright as his back-up…

Remember when Hurley debut against Tredea and beat him in a 1v1.

And then beat Nick Riewoldt you knew then we had a star on our hands hoping similar with Reid

3 Likes

Give him an easy shot 5 minutes in, 30m out directly in front. He’ll miss it 10m to the left, & get into his own head.

2 Likes

No way Cox starts ruck

1 Like