The TEAM vs. Fark Carlton & Weitering (Baguley a late out)

Final Team (updated):

IN: Crowley, Simpkin, Polkinghorne,
OUT: Bird, McKenna, Baguley

(Baguley a late out for Gleeson)

B: A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, J.Gwilt, M.Gleeson

HB: C.Dempsey, M.Hartley, J.Kelly

C: O.Fantasia, D.Zaharakis, B.Goddard

HF: M.Stokes, M.Brown, A.Cooney

F: S.Grimley, J.Daniher, D.Parish

R: M.Leuenberger, Z.Merrett, J.Simpkin

I/C FROM: K.Langford, M.Dea, R.Crowley, J.Polkinghorne

EMERG: McKenna, Redman, -

From that extended bench I see only one change - Crowley in for McKenna

So, what’s the surprise? Polky?

Fark Carlton
IN
Dennis Armfield, Nick Graham, Simon White, Michael Jamison, Jason Tutt
OUT
Dylan Buckley (Calf), Charlie Curnow (Illness)

Not happy: Ben.

Ryan Crowley, Jonathan Simpkin and James Polkinghorne have all been named on the extended bench.

B: A. McDonald-Tipungwuti, J. Gwilt, M.Baguley

HB: C.Dempsey, M.Hartley, J.Kelly

C: O.Fantasia, D.Zaharakis, B.Goddard

HF: M.Stokes, M.Brown, A.Cooney

F: S.Grimley, J.Daniher, D.Parish

Fol: M.Leuenberger, Z.Merrett, C.Bird

I/C From: M.Gleeson, K.Langford, C.McKenna, M.Dea, R.Crowley, J.Simpkin, J.Polkinghorne

Not happy: Jan

hmmm

Plod city

What does this show: This selection panel has a long term plan, and they are not panicking, and will not make major changes, but will reward excellent form in the 2s as is right and proper.
The big changes will come when injuries hit us. Thats a bit of a lottery.

How are these changes at all surprising?

Langford dropped would be the only possible surprise?

Not happy: Jan

Not Happy: Andrew?

The Polk for McKenna is an interesting idea. Was brilliant up forward in the VFL prelim.

BORING

Top up city

The debacle with our soft young mids in Q1 Anzac day means hard bodies like Polk and Crowley and Simkin on the outside are not such a bad idea. These big games are not a training drill, its fully game on from the first bounce.

Not sure why people have trouble understanding the concept of ‘reward good form in the 2’s’.
Having to work for your place in the side is part of development for the young ones. You don’t get better by playing badly.
And also - if you wear our jumper - you’re a farkin Bomber ffs.

What does this show: This selection has a long term plan, and they are not panicking, and will not make major changes, but will reward excellent form in the 2s as is right and proper. The big changes will come when injuries hit us. Thats a bit of a lottery.

That’s all very well and good but WHERE THE FARK IS MASON REDMAN THEN? wipes brow

In: VANILLA

What does this show: This selection has a long term plan, and they are not panicking, and will not make major changes, but will reward excellent form in the 2s as is right and proper. The big changes will come when injuries hit us. Thats a bit of a lottery.

That’s all very well and good but WHERE THE FARK IS MASON REDMAN THEN? wipes brow

I know. I have a lot of love for Mason Redman. ( better keep me away from the club then ) I hope I am not alone, I think Mason Redman really shows something, but its early days.