The Team vs Geelong

WTF

I would have played Steinberg in front of Gwilt.

Has to be elevated from the rookie list first

said it in the other thread, what was the difference between jerretts second last game and last one, to go from “doing his bit for the team” to being dropped while having more output well on stats alone.

team selection really is baffling, but hey guess the coaches know what they are doing, surely they must they are coaches after all smh.

Should have dropped Chappy before Jerrett.

Yep.

Yep.

Let Chapman have the Geelong game- he will kick goals. But in the medium term, I think Chapman will find it hard to get a game.

KAV!!!

I'm starting to think that NOB won't get a call up this year. Especially once Hocking and Myers return to the side. And also Zaka and Winderlique. I hope we extend his contract by another year though, as I still think he can make a good contribution long term.

It looked obvious since the start of the pre season that we’d have to be in diabolical trouble before NOB got a game.

Which would mean extending his contract is no chance, nor should it be.

Thanks for the perspective. RIP NOB. I’ll go have a cry and get over it in a few days.

Didn’t realise that you were such a big NOB fan…

A big fan doesn’t get over the realisation that a player is finished in just a few days. A big fan cough-Peeto-cough can’t let go for months and then transitions to latching onto surrogate players to replace the fallen idol in a form of denial.*

*Luv ya Peeto, just saying.

First seniors game for Fantasia in the Red and Black?

In case anyone was wondering why Smack isn’t in or an emergency, he’s gone back to the rookie list for Licka who’s off the long term injury list.

Has stantons missus given birth yet? Or is the baby waiting for Saturday’s game?

Do we really need Gwilt in the side? Who on the cats team will he cover. Would have rathered Browne or Edwards

Happy with the other changes though

Also isn’t it common to drop young players after the sign a new deal? Or is it an Essendon thing?

Fantasia sub, to be subbed on for Kav halfway through the third.

ARRRGGHHHH!!!

And both will be dropped for the following week.

Any chance Pears will make a comeback?

First seniors game for Fantasia in the Red and Black?

No

bet you theyll justify merretts omission because hes played 3 games in a row and needs to freshen up…

Do we really need Gwilt in the side? Who on the cats team will he cover. Would have rathered Browne or Edwards

Hawkins, Stanley and Clark.

Hawkins, Stanley and Clark.

Clark out for the Cats with a calf injury. They made one change and brought in Josh Walker.

In case anyone was wondering why Smack isn't in or an emergency, he's gone back to the rookie list for Licka who's off the long term injury list.

does that mean winders is playing in the ressies this week ?
otherwise seems pointless to reactivate him until he’s ready to play in the ressies.

I see the Cats have named Stanley after being under a slight injury cloud. So with the addition of Walker they still have Stanley, Walker and Blicavs as options for mobile ruckmen/forward/defender (Blicavs).

Never known a club to have so many ruckmen or guys that can play ruck on their list.

Dawson Simpson, Hamish McIntosh, Nathan Vardy, Rhys Stanley, Mark Blicavs, Mitch Clark, Josh Walker, Tom Read, Padraig Lucey

NINE!

Some of them are pretty much permanently injured.

We would have by similar criteria: Bellchambers, Giles, Mckernan, Daniher, and apparently Ambrose which I still laugh at every week.

Clark is out, walker in for them

There’s a real lack of clearance players in the side with Myers, hocking and Watson now out. Heppell or bust really. It’s a worry