The Team vs Gold Coast

LOL. How will knowing that Carlisle is back have any effect on the Gold Coast match committee's selection? Do you guys honestly think they are watching Big Footy for an early announcement before they put their team sheet in?

The team sheets are already put into the AFL, they just aren't released because channel 7 has exclusive first right. Team isn't finalised until 45 minutes before the game anyway.

Bomba has made references to it being morning or lunchtime in some of the team videos. The days of main training session Thursday followed by match committee are long gone.

Isn't that because we've a new sponsor selling vietnamese rolls - Rolld ?

I would suggest anybody ■■■■■■■■ about Leroy not getting a game hasn't seen him play VFL live this season (at the ground not on TV) and I stress actually being at the ground, because he is a quintessential TV player, by that I mean he'll look good on TV because TV largely demonstrates a player's offensive side, whilst providing extremely little reference to what a player is doing defensively.

In the modern game, very few finalists will select players that would be a millstone around the neck of the others defensively regardless of offensive capability.

If he got a game, this is what would happen, the TV fans would sing his praises about that fantastic goal he kicked - wasn't he great? why the hell haven't we given him games earlier? - at times he'll appear in forward line without an opponent and they'll think damn he's really working hard to be so far away from his opponent, at other times they may wonder why a Gold Coast back randomly keeps on appearing on the wing without an opponent in frame multiple times.

Meanwhile at the ground, there'll be the coaching staff tearing their hair out and countless fans screaming ■■■■■■ murder at Jetta because that same Gold Coast back who never has an opponent on TV, actually does, it's Jetta, but he just expects everybody else in the side to cover his man when he runs forward, and that'll also be why he appears without an opponent in the forward line, it isn't that he is running harder than his opponent (the exact opposite is true), it is just that he hasn't bothered doing much, if anything, on the defensive transition and has gotten lucky with a turnover.

WHERE THE FK IS LEROY

concur

The object of the game is finishing with a higher score than the opposition

I thought you had to kick goals to achieve that. Maybe i'm wrong.
You could simply kick a lot of points. We specialize in that approach.
Melbourne are attempting the greater challenge. Winning a game by kicking one solitary point.

FANTA FANTA

I would suggest anybody ■■■■■■■■ about Leroy not getting a game hasn't seen him play VFL live this season (at the ground not on TV) and I stress actually being at the ground, because he is a quintessential TV player, by that I mean he'll look good on TV because TV largely demonstrates a player's offensive side, whilst providing extremely little reference to what a player is doing defensively.

In the modern game, very few finalists will select players that would be a millstone around the neck of the others defensively regardless of offensive capability.

If he got a game, this is what would happen, the TV fans would sing his praises about that fantastic goal he kicked - wasn't he great? why the hell haven't we given him games earlier? - at times he'll appear in forward line without an opponent and they'll think damn he's really working hard to be so far away from his opponent, at other times they may wonder why a Gold Coast back randomly keeps on appearing on the wing without an opponent in frame multiple times.

Meanwhile at the ground, there'll be the coaching staff tearing their hair out and countless fans screaming ■■■■■■ murder at Jetta because that same Gold Coast back who never has an opponent on TV, actually does, it's Jetta, but he just expects everybody else in the side to cover his man when he runs forward, and that'll also be why he appears without an opponent in the forward line, it isn't that he is running harder than his opponent (the exact opposite is true), it is just that he hasn't bothered doing much, if anything, on the defensive transition and has gotten lucky with a turnover.

Never get tyred of these sort of posts dunlop.

It's actually taken this post to truly extrapolate and define the thousands of for and against arguements as to why Jetta isn't in the seniors.

It also acts as a framework for what is required of any forward line player now.

Hayden Ballantine being a great example.

Why is Hibberd named on the bench...
Seems fishy to me.

Watson was named on the bench last week.

Returning from a major injury. He was named on the bench in case he could not get up.

I thought the only certainty with bring named on the bench is that you are one of the four who could be sub. Outside of that it has no meaning. Watson named on bench, kicks goal inthe first 13 secs.

I thought the only certainty with bring named on the bench is that you are one of the four who could be sub. Outside of that it has no meaning. Watson named on bench, kicks goal inthe first 13 secs.

13 secs? Are you sure it wasn't 11?

Why is Hibberd named on the bench...
Seems fishy to me.

Watson was named on the bench last week.
Returning from a major injury. He was named on the bench in case he could not get up.
Yeah cause if you are to be withdrawn late you can only be withdrawn from the bench not starting 18 lol

Thanks Dunlop, now I get it. I've been wondering if he's just unlucky but now I understand.

No sympathy for him now. Has he always been like this or is has he just got a poor attitude since playing in the VFL?

We shouldnt take this game lightly. GC have a reasonable young team.

all true except it's obvious to some of us humble tv watchers that the opposition gets free rebounds through jetta's opponent all match and shreds any team defensive effort.

Don't all teams have to be submitted to AFL by a time today? mid day?

Why would it matter if its released mid arvo?

Pretty sure channel 7 or some channel have paid for the rights to release it first

Another reason to hate the AFL. Selling the rights to announce the teams is farking stupid and is another  example of their pathetic whoring of anything and everything they can.

Can't believe I'm about to do this, buuuuutttt....

Nah.

If they can make a couple extra mill off making something exclusive for about 15 minutes, then good on them. It doesn't hold anyone back (significantly), the broadcaster who pays for it is happy, it's a win-win.

Thanks Dunlop, now I get it. I've been wondering if he's just unlucky but now I understand.

No sympathy for him now. Has he always been like this or is has he just got a poor attitude since playing in the VFL?

Geeeeeeezzzuss H Roosevelt Christ 

Nah it's completely new. Only happened last week - and we've got ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS HE'S STRUGGLED TO KEEP A SPOT.

:eyeroll:

It's 2014. Why does anyone care what positions players are named in or if they are named on the bench??

It's 2014. Why does anyone care what positions players are named in or if they are named on the bench??

Looking forward to the day when Ryder gets named on a wing.

Looking forward to the day when Ryder gets named on a wing.

The Richo role

Positions on the teamsheet are meaningless.

Alwyn Davey was always named in the Fwd Pocket but come game day would play CHF...

I'm concerned Carlisle is named in the forward pocket. I think he will be a late out for Dell'Olio.