The team vs Norf (2020, round 6)

I’m happy that Hibberd is getting another crack at it this week, didn’t do much wrong last week

7 Likes

When I watched Herbatron’s video of the Carlton game, it really struck home how poorly Redman had played:

And then Stephenson was kicking goals on him at the start of the Collingwood game.

Not surprised.

7 Likes

Zaharakis has shown nothing. Not a liability, just your classic passenger. Wasting opportunities for a younger player who in all likelihood would offer more to the team. It’s a disgrace he’s still getting games.

11 Likes

Ins and Outs since last time they played:

Essendon INS: Ridley, Ham, Townsend, Smith, Phillips, Snelling and Hibbered
Essendon OUTS: Z Clarke, D Clarke, Brown, Stringer, Redman, Francis and Guelfi

North Melbourne INS: J Walker, Hayden, Higgins, Scott, Mahony, Campbell and Hall
North Melbourne OUTS: Ziebell, Williams, Hrovat, Cunnington, Thompson, Larkey and Turner

4 Likes

And Zaka adds extra rotations into the midfield if needed.

Myers?

Backs: 18. Michael Hurley, 26. Cale Hooker, 8. Martin Gleeson
Half-backs: 42. Adam Saad, 14. Jordan Ridley, 45. Conor McKenna
Centre: 33. Brayden Ham, 1. Andrew McGrath, 4. Kyle Langford
Half-forwards: 3. Darcy Parish, 15. Jayden Laverde, 13. Orazio Fantasia
Forwards : 43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, 44. Shaun McKernan, 20. Jacob Townsend
Followers: 34. Andrew Phillips, 5. Devon Smith, 9. Dylan Shiel
Interchange: 11. David Zaharakis, 40. Will Snelling, 7. Zach Merrett, 46. Mitch Hibberd

Emergencies: 28. Ned Cahill, 16. Josh Begley, 10. Aaron Francis, 2. Tom Bellchambers

Look - a CHF!

1 Like

Backline still looks good. Ridley is now Mr Reliable and Conor balances it. Zaka in has little to do with Redman omitted.

3 Likes

I get redman TO A DEGREE, it’s probably more about rotating players through the side.

But zaka, come that is just downright criminal negligence right there.
Anyone who says the EFC isn’t a boys club, can honestly go suck a fat one.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Redman’s omission is partially a rest to freshen him up after the soreness that has been reported from some training watchers.

I reckon the youngsters also get different treatment in terms of how their omissions are listed. When Zaka is eventually left out it will be “managed” for sure

2 Likes

Going to waste another year without developing BZT

14 Likes

Woosh loves Davids

He cannot let them go

Is there a mental illness where a person just becomes infatuated with people of a certain name

Cause Worsfold has it

There is definitely a player not playing these last few weeks that can get more than 2 possessions a game.

The message this sends to everyone, the league, the rest of the list, is that this club is a ■■■■■■■ joke and has no professional standards or quality expectations.

What a shitshow

4 Likes

Maybe only one sacred cow can be sacrificed in a week. Phillips kept in above TBC, great. Zaka - perhaps a bridge too far, but he better lift.

hang on. So Redman has been dropped- but zaka hasn’t?

I was really helping Zaka was going to take a leaf out of Myers book and show some actual leadership and integrity and drop himself. Then i remembered it’s Zaka and it’s zaka first and team second.

Redman is one of our best kicks in the backline, Zaka has hardly touched the ball all season.

Stuff like this is exactly why we have been terrible for so long. A young player has a quite patch and he is dropped. A senior player plays even worse than the youngster and he keeps his spot.

18 Likes

Zaka stays in. It’s not fair to the other players.

2 Likes

Its not outrageous that Redman is dropped but before Zaka?

So Zaka is a better half back than Redman now?

FMD we look after our old blokes too much.

3 Likes

No but McKenna is

12 Likes

so does a ■■■■■■■ witches hat, but at least that ■■■■■■■ thing has a chance of tripping up an opponent, unlike zaka.

I don’t know what’s worse, the ■■■■■ who make these decisions, or the downright obtuse who blindly justify it.

1 Like

Redman’s been poor this year (and was torched by Stephenson last week). That he’s dropped is not surprising. That it’s happened concurrently with Zaharakis (who is in total list-clogger mode) being retained gives me the complete and utter sh its…

1 Like

I am a David and Woosha is stalking me on Tik Tok

2 Likes