The Team vs Sydney

Howlett has been **** bar here and there. His kicks are missing targets and his decision making has been **** house. He should be working on his game in the 2nds. Any relation to him being out and we winning?

I reckon Jackson Merrett can consider himself lucky that he’s getting a game ahead of Howlett at the moment.

Tom Bellchambers is not an Ayers rock ruckman,    Jeez he can lead, he can crumb,  he can jump,  he can mark.

If he can do some of whats in this ,  he will help us big time.   Remember Paul Salmon.  Some ruckmen can also play full forward.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzxBmZVZ_Hs

Lets hope his foot is ready .

Don’t base Sydney’s form on 1 game v injury ravaged Hawks. They have been woeful in games this year. Worse than we have by far !!

Bellchambers had 3 games in the VFL, then a rest last week. He should be very ready for this game. He will be in the ruck for most of the night with Ryder up forward. Already with Ryder up forward we sound more dangerous than previous weeks. I feel Z. Merrett or even Melksham might be the sub

I'd be surprised if Bellchamber played more than 20% ruck. And since when has Ryder ever been a dangerous forward? Bellchambers is a far better forward than Ryder.

2010-2012, kicked 64 goals in 59 games. Playing as the 50/50 ruck forward with Hille.

Howlett has been **** bar here and there. His kicks are missing targets and his decision making has been **** house. He should be working on his game in the 2nds. Any relation to him being out and we winning?

I reckon Jackson Merrett can consider himself lucky that he's getting a game ahead of Howlett at the moment.

I like both Howlett and Hardingham as players - they both play good fooball at times and are good role players. But I think it is indicative of some progression in this team that they are both fully fit and lining up in the VFL. They are the 23rd\\24th players in a Premiership side IMO.

Bellchambers had 3 games in the VFL, then a rest last week. He should be very ready for this game. He will be in the ruck for most of the night with Ryder up forward. Already with Ryder up forward we sound more dangerous than previous weeks. I feel Z. Merrett or even Melksham might be the sub

I'd be surprised if Bellchamber played more than 20% ruck. And since when has Ryder ever been a dangerous forward? Bellchambers is a far better forward than Ryder.

2010-2012, kicked 64 goals in 59 games. Playing as the 50/50 ruck forward with Hille.

By and large I agree with Dill. It will work better with Ryder in the ruck for the majority, even if the split is not 80/20. Belly is now more dangerous deep.

BEACHCOMBER JD JC

■■■■■■■ PUMPED

I’d be surprised if Bellchamber played more than 20% ruck. And since when has Ryder ever been a dangerous forward? Bellchambers is a far better forward than Ryder.

He is a decent forward, and a pretty good ruckman. Averaging a goal/game is pretty respectable, but I don’t think it qualifies him a ‘dangerous’. Bellchambers is dangerous up forward. I also think Belly is a better ruck.
In 150 odd games, he has rarely taken a game apart. I reckon he’s got the talent to do it. Only once has he managed 20 possessions in a game. Only once has he kicked four goals. When you consider a workhorse like Sam Jacobs has managed 17+ touches in 7 of 9 games this season, I reckon it’s fair to say that he could do more. In fairness to him, he is playing pretty consistent football without really getting the better of his opponent. But surely he can be more than an 11 possession, 3 mark per game ruckman. Because that’s how he’s tracking this season.

I reckon Jackson Merrett can consider himself lucky that he’s getting a game ahead of Howlett at the moment.
I like both Howlett and Hardingham as players - they both play good fooball at times and are good role players. But I think it is indicative of some progression in this team that they are both fully fit and lining up in the VFL. They are the 23rd\24th players in a Premiership side IMO.

I wouldn’t say the team has progressed this season. Far from it.

He is a decent forward, and a pretty good ruckman. Averaging a goal/game is pretty respectable, but I don't think it qualifies him a 'dangerous'. Bellchambers is dangerous up forward. I also think Belly is a better ruck.
In 150 odd games, he has rarely taken a game apart. I reckon he's got the talent to do it. Only once has he managed 20 possessions in a game. Only once has he kicked four goals. When you consider a workhorse like Sam Jacobs has managed 17+ touches in 7 of 9 games this season, I reckon it's fair to say that he could do more. In fairness to him, he is playing pretty consistent football without really getting the better of his opponent. But surely he can be more than an 11 possession, 3 mark per game ruckman. Because that's how he's tracking this season.

yep - I like Paddy a lot and he has the skills to be elite. He should be doing this but hasn't. We live in hope.

How in the name of God's potatoes does Jackson Merret get another friggen game???????????

He has STUNK it up for over a month!

His disposal when he is both 'free' & under the pump is mostly abysmal.

He is a complete panic merchant at the moment.

The potential there is for him to become a good consistent player one day but he is a million miles away from it at the moment.

As for him getting a game before Howlett in this team at the moment ---- well --- utterly staggering selection decision. 

Hope Jackson is BOG against Swans but am tipping he'll be subbed out AGAIN. 

I've come to accept that Ryder has, and always will be a very handy ruckman who at times chimes in with some brilliant plays up forward. The ultimate tease.

How in the name of God's potatoes does Jackson Merret get another friggen game???????????

The potential there is for him to become a good consistent player one day but he is a million miles away from it at the moment.

As for him getting a game before Howlett in this team at the moment ---- well --- utterly staggering selection decision. 

Jackson is the future, Ben is not.

Quite clear that Thompson is pumping games into kids and good backups will make way for them.

I think your being very harsh. To single out 1 player in a grossly under-performing side is pointless. Our list of players that are playing well is very short. Jackson has plenty of mates, some who are performing much more poorly than he. The whole team needs to lift, even Jobe is making the most basic of mistakes at times, something we never see from him.

I think your being very harsh. To single out 1 player in a grossly under-performing side is pointless. Our list of players that are playing well is very short. Jackson has plenty of mates, some who are performing much more poorly than he. The whole team needs to lift, even Jobe is making the most basic of mistakes at times, something we never see from him.

Agreed. Hooker has been the only guy we've had in decent-ish form for a month or more. A lot of guys down on form atm. 

The whole defence has been pretty good

Jackson is the future, Ben is not.

Quite clear that Thompson is pumping games into kids and good backups will make way for them.

I'm still not convinced Howlett has been dropped ,he was rested but then Myers was ready. I wonder if Howlett will play a full game in in the VFL.
Yes we want to play the kids but Gleeson made way dont forget.
Jacksons possession count might be down but I think his disposal has been very good.
Either way, there are a lot of factors at play like load managing, continuity for young players like Aylett, etc, I think its a bit early to say that Howlett has officially been passed over.

How in the name of God’s potatoes does Jackson Merret get another friggen game???
His disposal when he is both ‘free’ & under the pump is mostly abysmal.

As for him getting a game before Howlett in this team at the moment ---- well — utterly staggering selection decision. 

Hope Jackson is BOG against Swans but am tipping he’ll be subbed out AGAIN.

So who in the side is performing much more poorly than Jackson - apart from Carlisle?

I guess a condition on Zaka's contract is that he cannot be dropped.... By far our most under performing player - effort very down. 

The whole defence has been pretty good

Yep, and consistent. Hurley, Fletcher, Hooker, Baguley, Hibberd have been there almost all season, and Dempsey has had 3 games straight now too. Carlisle could mess them up if he was thrown back in there without much notice.