The Team - Weagles vs Bombers Thurs 21-6-18

It’s those first 3 or 4 free kicks in the first few minutes of Q1 that gets you over there.

Need to be first to the ball.

1 Like

Some dreamers in here. Eagles by 400.

2 Likes

Bombers back into finals contention and socceroos back into round of 16 contention… lets do it!!!

4 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

do you know who would of gave me more confidence with taking down a giant opponent,

BIG BOI BEGELY!

I was also thinking we should catch them off guard by trying out someone in a new position

For those who don’t totally reject CD , here is their comparison of “Relative Team Quality”.

The WCE outs weaken them. Duh !
So we jump above them on “Relative Team Quality”, However the game is being played in WA.

It gives us hope, I suppose.

Below the knees, holding the ball, etc etc

1 Like

“Contact - Wing Defense”

4 Likes

You’re obsessed with CD. Have you got shares in it?

2 Likes

And for everyone else… LEL

1 Like

why cant they just do this via pulling names out of a hat?

so at the start of the week, 3 umps get pulled out of a hat, then a match gets pulled out. they have a few days to organise their weekend etc and you avoid stupid situations like this?

1 Like

You’re obsessed with CD.
[/quote]

True, can you recommend someone I can see about it? I was thinking of forming a support group with David King

5 Likes

Eagles by 19

I genuinely think we are going to get this mob. our biggest issue has been dealing with ‘small ball’ sides that swarm and pressure. I think we match up well vs them.

The keys for mine:

• Maintain our defensive setup, don’t let them get easy marks to control the ball.
  • Baggers to play a defensive job on Hurn, Brown to do the same on McGovern (if it didn’t contradict my above point I’d use Hurley for this)
  • McGrath to tag Gaff and run off him occasionally

They are a quicker side than last year but we can still smoke these guys if we get a run on out of the middle. Get around us.

1 Like

You know the AFL only thinks about money.

3 WA umpires probably saves the AFL $13,000 in ( 40% off business class) air fares, accomodation meals and incidentals. Since there are at least 22 matches in WA each year the saving is of the order of $300K

They just have to make sure the umpires balance the number of frees in Perth games and no one will even question it.

1 Like

Hope Jakey puts in another BOG performance or close to it, He’s having a super month which I hope continues (we hope continues)

2 Likes

This could just mean we get all ours in the backline, or in the last quarter when the game is dusted, while they get all their’s in the forward line or in the first half.

One free kick like the Dusty one against Mick Hurley can stop all momentum & our blokes can be inclined to chuck it in.

4 Likes

I have suspected this in numerous games. Very often the game IS done and dusted by 3/4 time.

In terms of bias, naturally we tend to overlook the situation of frees when we win. But the AFL stats show that without doubt there are more free kicks given to home teams in Perth than to the visiting sides.

Umpires have real time radio communications to video review people at the game, and presumably to an “umpires supervisor” who watches their performance live. We are not made party to the audio coming into the umpires earpiece, only what he says, and this could also be “selective”.

1 Like