The team. Which, by the way, where issss? Round 6 vs Pies is here

Who farken cares? It’s as close to the best team we have trotted out for 15 years.

It’s gonna tell us a lot, today.

11 Likes

I hope we get a hold of this mob today and embarrass them on the big stage like we have been so many times.

Time to stand up and be counted today.

6 Likes

Paul Cousins needs to lift his fkn game.

Given the notional closeness of the teams, we have to closely analyse the quality of the coaching in this game. Worsfold is not rated as highly as Buckley as a game day coach. Luck, we just cannot factor that in.

So its down to this IMO.

1. Collingwood will try to deny us the ball in their defensive half with uncontested footy at times. Buckley has played several games using this style of play to slow games down, maintain possession, wear opponents out and wait for an opening to pull the trigger. Collingwood have practiced this very thing in previous games.
  2. We will attack as soon as we get possession, whether its down the line, or through the corridor, Buckley will try to stop us in the corridor and coral us to the boundary.
  3. When we do attack, sure they will defend our press but Buckley will always try to keep 1-2 fast players out the back so that when we are turned over, they can get us on the counter.
  4. Going inside 50 Collingwood will mostly target a player we do not rate. aka a pelican.
    How fast will Worsfold react to exploitation of mismatches by Buckley ?
  5. Even if Worsfold decides to make a change, have we put improved communications in place to enable coaches directions to be implemented quickly ? Are Collingwoods methods of communicating with players better/faster than ours?

We won the North game in 6 minutes of great footy at the end of a quarter, bang,bang,bang,bang, bang, before North could even react. Collingwood could do that to us maybe in the last, Have we spent too many petrol tickets winning the last 3 ?

I am really looking forward to this game, to win, but also to see where we are at.

2 Likes

In so many of these games (even when they were garbage) Collingwood always seem to lift for today.

Would be nice (a couple of examples aside) if we could rise to the occasion. This team is good enough to beat them but the hungrier and more desperate side usually wins. It really is a defining game in so many ways.

A performance like last year could be season defining for the wrong reasons. It’s time to step up.

2 Likes

He got Parish an inside mid position*, what more do you want?

*Dylan says “get nicked, I’m #1”.

1 Like

The happy way to see it is Bags is currently occupying one of the oppo’s defenders. He could give less free kicks for sure but he’s not a favourite of the umps, that’s also for sure. He’s the irritating ant you forgot about while Raz, Tippa and Joe Dan were occupying your thoughts.

But he’s too slow and should be in the VFL by mid year.

Bags doesn’t have the forward nouse and does give away too many free kicks. But if he can keep his opponent quiet and kick a couple then we probably win.

Dont agree with bags being in but eh, its a fkg good team. Hope he has a blinder, and we PUMP these arseholes

ITS TIME

6 Likes

I’m confused about whether Bags drives a ford or a VW beetle?

1 Like

Lol plz

Steady on.

Also, it’s been two years since he became a firefighter.

WHERE IS THE DAMN CALENDAR

2 Likes

Is 3:20pm later than normal?
Or does it just feel like it.
My computer says it will be sunset at 5:41pm.

Edit: Blitz has made me paranoid, so I’ll say that yes I’m aware that 3:20pm occurs at the same time every year.

2 Likes

Every year, that’s a bit conservative. I’d be happy to wager it’s every day.

2 Likes

What? You don’t like sarcasm?

I so badly want to see smith bury that flog Sidebottom into the turf

5 Likes

I always thought it was 2.30 every year, but it feels late

the ceremony starts at 2.30. starts with the motorcade and then the ball is bounced at 3.20

We all know how many kicks/goals/tackles Baguley has got over the last few weeks, but how many has his opponent got? I haven’t the foggiest, but i’m sure our coaches do.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/04/25/essendon-bombers-vs-collingwood-magpies-anzac-day-forecast/

Solid preview