The team. Which, by the way, where issss? Round 6 vs Pies is here

Its 100% pathetic guys like parish, ridley and francis are held accountable for poor games (parish wasn’t THAT bad) yet certain senior players, who perform worse, get a free ride weekly

Im not suprised, but its pretty frustrating

12 Likes

I don’t disagree, bags is lucky.

But it’s two midfielders in, two out.

And sure, Parish could have played as a defensive forward, but I’d actually rather bags in that role anyway.

But yeah, as I said, Parish is stiff.

Parish is so gone at the years end

2 Likes

You could play Guelfi there, or david hille, and parish stays in the middle. Its honestly not hard

1 Like

I would probably play Guelfi as the defensive forward instead of Baguley- and keep Parish in, but really, I don’t understand the faux grief people conjure over this minutiae. Parish has been just ok this year overall, so it’s not a reach that he is dropped.

9 Likes

Agree. Played 2 good games, then a bad one and gets dropped. But stiff but oh well. Hope he bounces back quickly and gets back in the team

With Hoskin-Elliot playing and Jamie Elliot out, who gets the matchups?

Cox - Hooker
Mihocek - Hurley
De Goey - Ambrose?

HoskinElliot - Redman
Stephenson - Ridley
Thomas - Saad
Resting mids- McKenna

2 Likes

Parish can tear it up in the VFL on Saturday and get back in - just like last time.

6 Likes

Meh, don’t think you can get to angry this week.

Guelfi and Bageuly are the weakest and sure Parish and someone else could take their spot but it’s not earth shattering.

It’s a good, balanced side either way.

3 Likes

So I’m hoping it goes like this:

• meltdown about Baguley in
  • Baguley kicks 4 goals, we win game.
  • next week’s conversation: “we’ll never doubt him again…”
  • round 7: 10 possessions, etc.
4 Likes

Parish’s career at Essendon is fkn over at years end.

5 Likes

We’re going to have a lot of young talent in the VFL this week.

Parish, Francis, Langford, Laverde, Begley all AFL worthy when fit and in form.

Hopefully they all fire up and push the VFL team’s ladder percentage to 500%

If the ‘real’ Essendon turn up tomorrow they will demolish Collingwood. Too quick and too good!

2 Likes

Nice to see Draper as emergency.

He must be getting really really close.

Fine them $20,000.

2 Likes

I am a Parish fan but it was always on the cards. Some of his mistakes were pretty big ones last week.

Plus I would rather he get good midfield minutes than replace bags as a pressure forward.

3 Likes

4 first rounders and a second rounder.

Moments like this it’s nice to reflect on how 29 year old David Myers was given enough opportunities to be the Most Improved 2018.

It’s not like we have any highly rated, young, promising inside mids on the list who we might try as an inside midfielder.

6 Likes

I’m finding it really hard to disagree, and I hate that.

He’d have a hell of a lot of clubs lining up to throw money at him, and he’d have a pretty good case for arguing that other players are getting a great deal of forgiveness for bad games at the selection table while he gets belted back to the 2s at the first opportunity.

Unless something changes dramatically, I reckon we’ll lose him for less than he’s worth, and then he’ll cut it up for the next decade for Geelong or someone.

11 Likes

Killer Mike will be so conflicted when we lose Parish and Langford in the same year.

5 Likes