The Team

After all these Years Melksham plays good footy and people think he's going to be dropped??

Just for Shiites and giggles I can only assume.

Has anyone tried to buy tickets for this? Why is the cheapest reserved seat available $45, for the pocket, on level 3?

Does anyone know where the GA areas are?

Langford hardly even touched it last week. Must be in on the pre-season and training form. Great to see him play though.

Loverde performed well last week in the VFL. Hope he gets a chance too soon.

Also hope Edwards is watching and can lift his training standards and get in the team for a crack.

Langford finally a forward option who can kick or create goals.

Maybe KAV gets the nod…best game to play him in to gain confidence.

Surely Hams wont be dropped.

interesting…tomorrow hmmm

I said NO KAV!

Right, I just want to remind you of the Blitz rules.

Rule One: No KAVs!

Rule Two: No member of the Blitz is to maltreat the English language in any way at all — if Noonans watching…

Rule Three: No KAVs!

Rule Four: Now, this round, I don’t want to catch ANYBODY not going full retard.

Rule Five: No KAVs!

Rule Six: there is NOOOOO … Rule Six!

Rule Seven: No KAVs!

Right, that concludes the readin’ of the rules, Blitz.

I agree that The Langford hasn’t had a great deal of the footy in the magoos but he’s looked good whenever it’s come near him. I’d happily use the word mercurial to describe his skills. Here’s hoping he’s one of those guys who lifts a notch when he gets better quality delivery. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if that happens. I’m happy with this selection - you can quote me on that after the game.

Here's hoping he's one of those guys who lifts a notch when he gets better quality delivery. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happens.

Which bit — lifting a notch, or better quality delivery?

After all these Years Melksham plays good footy and people think he's going to be dropped??

the only suggestion I’ve seen so far of anything like that is making him sub, and the suggestion for that was to keep him fresh for fyfe the following week.

So i don’t get why you’re bringing this up seeing no one actually suggest he be dropped.

Okay, apparently my Dad has jumped on the Gwilt bandwagon and is now grumbling at me via email from Malaysia so can anyone tell me whether Gwilt is injured and how he played in the VFL side last week so I can give him a better answer as to why Gwilt isn't playing in the seniors than 'Uhhh, 'cos he didn't get selected'.

PM DJR

They did…

Haha!

My biggest fear at the start of the season was having 3 gun really fragile footballers. Round 5 and Licka, Chappy and Cooney are all out injured. Didn't take long.

Chappy fragile ? How?
He is as hard as they come.

Fragile body I guess rather than mentality

Sub will either be Melks or Hams. Do we need Melksham on to tag Steven or Armitage? Our mids should beat theirs comfortably without the tag so run the risk of playing Hams from the start and Melk comes on for Lang/Ambrose.
I remember this type of talk last week. "Our mids should comfortably.........."

The collywobbles easily beat the aints, in the end , easily.

I know Langford is quite versatile and isn’t huge. But that’s a very tall side. Surely we need to drop a tall.

EFC twitter feed confirming Langford debut.

I know Langford is quite versatile and isn't huge. But that's a very tall side. Surely we need to drop a tall.

I wouldn’t worry - Langford isn’t huge and is quite versatile.

what does Merrett or Stein have to do to get a game.

It wouldn’t matter as all our talls are agile, excluding Bellchambers

what does Merrett or Stein have to do to get a game.

Well, Stein has to get upgraded first to get a game, so there’s that.

Saving Steinberg for Norf

Merrett needs to be dangerous with the ball, very very wasteful in the vfl.