The Tennis Thread - from Jan 2020 (Part 2)

Havent been following Wimbledon. But EAD DIGGERS

3 Likes

Lol didn’t realize kyrgios was spitting on the court last night.
Wrong sport bro. Embarrassment.

the cant buy a first serve, and then crowd yelling cant buy a second serve, after he hit the net and got a let, was funny.

Jusrt retire Serena she could barely run.

Rafa was down 4-1 in the 4th set but some how found a way to win unbelievable resilience by him guy never gives up love Rafa

1 Like

Popyrin has managed the Australian art of losing in 5 sets after leading beautifully.

2 Likes

That you’re even surprised by that is incredible.

Last night was classic Nick. Brushes of brilliance, tantrums, altercations with the crowd. Loved watching every minute of it. Don’t change bro.

GifMeme 29062022120756

You’re probably right actually! I shouldn’t have been surprised.

I really like him too, regardless of what you think of his behaviour he is probably the most entertaining athlete on earth

1 Like

That’s my approach to it. His unprofessionalism and chaotic nature is apart of his appeal in a industry full of micro managed pros with flawless PR training and etiquette. Kyrgios in a Wimbledon environment is just funny.

3 Likes

Belive it or not you can be entertaining without arguing for no reason at all with the umps at any possible opportunity and kicking up a fuss at the smallest perceived inconvenience.

I am not sure thats really entertaining, but different strokes for different folks. His style of play is entertaining to watch but as a package I find myself cringing more than anything when I watch him.

The media fascination with him is equally as nauseating. He’s not that unique, theres a million Nick Kgyrios’ walking the suburbs of Australia at the moment. Personality wise there isnt anything particularly interesting about him.

1 Like

I laugh when he talks to himself and has a go at the ref

1 Like

But it is funny and entertaining.

1 Like

I find the whole thing incredibly awkward and cringey and has gotten to the point where you can tell its more or less put on/ fake. Its not particularly entertaining for me. I watch tennis to watch tennis.

Especially when the umps have legit done nothing wrong, are trying to be reasonable with Nick and he just keeps going on, and on, and on. It detracts from the entertainment value of the sport.

Well then theres 300 other players on tour you can watch purely for that. I for one enjoy the Kyrgios clown show as a point of difference.

Its the combination of the talent and the lack of care that’s unique. There may be a lot of petulant, arrogant man childs walking the streets, but none that can hold their own on court with the best.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Kgyrios was the player on TV last night at the time I was watching.

When you watch him you have no idea what you’re going to get.

He can be absolutely brilliant or he can sulk and tank and have a tantrum.

He could be pumping up the crowd to the point of total delirium or he could be screaming at them when one of them sneezes.

He could hit the greatest shot you’ve ever seen or go up and punch the umpire in the balls.

It’s pure entertainment

1 Like

Except its really not. Heaps of talented, but otherwise ambivalent people out there. Its not an interesting or unique phenomena. It’s just wasted talent at the end of the day.

I think you overestimate the abilities of the average joe walking the streets.

2 Likes

I think people overestimate the entertainment value of seeing a grown man act like a baby.

2 Likes