The Tennis Thread - from Jan 2020 (Part 2)

I think his abuse of tennis officials is absolutely appalling but it’s no more fake than the abuse of everybody and everything in our matchday threads.
Tennis is an enormous participation global sport and Nick is extraordinary to play as well as he does given his flaws.

1 Like

Slight difference between a global tennis sensation berating an officiator of the game to his face and a few internet goblins ■■■■■■■■ and moaning amongst themselves in a forum that only themselves will ever bear witness to.

The parallel I was drawing is that ‘official abuse’ in both cases is not fake, they (we) really believe they are responsible for our poor performance.
If you think Nick is faking it then you really aren’t watching (which I think you admit you aren’t).

No I said I watched the game last night. Its fake. He perceives some issue, arks up about it then doesnt cease. I dont think he really cares as much as his sooking about it would suggest.

I dont think there is really much value in going over about this matter much longer tbh so I’ll let it be. My views are pretty well documented above.

Yeh I find him entertaining. I’ve given up on the “everyone should aspire to be like Roger” approach to tennis.

Kyrgios is a gun, doesn’t want to be more than he is. It’s somewhat admirable.

Going off at people isn’t though, it’s disrespectful.

Lets get back onto real tennis issues, such as whether Djokovic is going to get booed tonight

2 Likes

How funny would if Kok sends Novax packing

Lets go Koky

1 Like

I always took him to be someone who sabotages himself because he was scared that he wouldn’t be good enough if he gave it 100%. But now l have no idea and think he probably just doesn’t care that much.

2 Likes

Recorded 30 aces Nick thats crazy he’s so good at them. love his serve game beats his opponents quickly but its his return game that he struggles with

Anyone know when Alex D’s next match is?

Tomorrow (Thursday night/Friday morning our time) , but schedule won’t be finalised for a few hours yet. Playing a local so expect it to be on one the bigger courts.

1 Like

Alex looks very promising

Lets go Em2009’s son against Novak, lets go.

Clap clap.

1 Like

Hey @Humbert_Humbert is playing atm.

1 Like

Even though it would make me a young mum, it’s pretty sad that I am indeed old enough to be his mum. Where have the years gone.

He’s not a gun and never was. He used to have all the talent in the world (he’s got less of it now), but he’s mentally a flake and always has been.

For a player to be a gun, as in winning major tournaments, both talent and mental toughness are needed.

He’s won a slam. :smile:

1 Like

Finish him Thanasi, FINISH HIM

FLOGOVIC

NOVAX will always be the best one.

1 Like