The Tennis thread

Yeah, if Nadals confidence is up he will just walk though this match.

But Rd 1 he didn’t look to comfortable so I think there is a glimmer of hope.

1 Like

I certainly give him a chance. Nadal isn’t fully fit, that’s for sure.
De Minaur will have to play better than last night though.

1 Like

apparently this went on for about 5 minutes

4 Likes

We still have 2 Australians to play in the 2nd round - chances of either of these progressing is low I would think.

Bolt vs Simon (29th seed)
Popyrin vs Thiem (7th seed)

1 Like

Saw bolt last year and he looked good for about 15 minutes then lost composure and looked really unfit. Seems to have picked it up so good on him

Ha ha ha. My wife had no issues getting her souvenir ball at the end of the doubles match on court 17.

Surprised it doesn’t happen more often.

Here comes the gender argument again.

They must be putting their hand out for more prizemoney again.

No this time I fully agree with them. The media have a habit of focusing only on scandal and not on successes. And in tennis and cricket most of the successes have been happening in the women’s game.

1 Like

The media concentrate on what people click on.

Most of the viewing public are men and they watch men’s sports.

You can only click on what is there. If the media placed at the top a story about women’s cricket or tennis then that would be clicked and read. If they place the scandal first then you have to go look somewhere else for the other stories then you will only click the scandal. The media do very much drive the agenda.

2 Likes

And a rain delay

I’d be interested in exploring this assumption. Particularly with regards to tennis.

The only way Demon will win is if Nadal retires hurt.

I would be confident in saying that there would be a big gap in attendance for men’s sports v’s women’s across the nation.

i thought he was referring to the viewers…

I was referring to the gender based comments from Stosur.

Maybe more people watch mens sports in this nation.

Irrespective of what their behavior is.

That wasn’t what you were talking about though. You were talking about “most of the viewing public”

With Regards to Tennis I follow australians. Men/women

have ridden the highs and the lows - Rafter, Phillipousis, Hewitt, Illie, Woodford, Woodbridge, Tomic, Kyrgios, Kokinakas, De Minaur
Dokic, Molic Stosur, Barty
Hopman cup win with Poo & Dokic was memorable seeing australia lift the cup.
And then watching Fromberg play in the tournament as none of the good men wanted to play or were injured one year. Loved Hewitts come ons.

As far as neutral matches prefer to only watch top mens players, have interest in Nadal, Federer, Joker, Murray, etc and before them Roddick, Blake Henman, Agassi, Sampras, Edberg
And in the womens Mary Pierce, Kournikova, Ivanovic, Hingis, Coetzer, Bouchard etc
But couldnt stand Sharapova and the grunters
And didnt like the power women that much Lindsay Davenport, WIlliams sisters, Mauresmo etc
And have less time to watch now than when school/studying.