The Tennis thread

Rafa has drop volleyed to perfection.

And the double break.
12 of the first 13 points and one of the commentators even said it looked like Thiem has poked the bear

Rafa picks the cross court reply from his own short ball, and plays a winer into the open court, to break Thiem again. He did a few fist pumps as a result, while Thiem would have been rattled.

Rafa crunches Thiem 6-1 in the third and now is serving first in the 4th

Emphatic dislay by Rafa in the third.

Thiem earns a break point in the first game of the fourth set. Rafa saves it, then takes the game without any problems.

And Rafa dodges a bullet
And then goes on to break Thiem

Cracks in the Thiem game starting to widen. Error count beginning to creep upwards.

Rafa saves another 2 break points and now leads 3-0
Thiem just dropped his head in despair

1 Like

Amazing.

Massive hold for Thiem from 0/40

Thiem’s body language is indicative.

Thiem 4 - 1 down in the fourth, andstarting to look a bit ragged. His body language getting worse.

Start engraving the trophy

Thiem misses a big forehand, and looks like he has already conceeded. Rafa only has to hold serve to claim his twelfth French Open title. Opens up with an ace out wide.

Three points into the game, and Rafa has 3 chamionship points. He has been imperious.

3 hours. You need to be at that top level for 4 hours to beat Rafa on clay.

1 Like

And there it is!
All hail the King of clay, what an absolute champion

1 Like

The French Open production is an absolute joke. Why the ■■■■ are they showing a video of Rod Laver? I get he’s presenting the trophy but ■■■■ me. The slam is bush league compared to all the others.

I think because it was the 50th anniversary of Laver winning the French Open.
I didn’t mind it TBH, nice to honour the greats

1 Like