The travel thread - elimination final

Total hipster bar now. Good for some I suppose

Shakeys did a good steak last time I was there. Decent place

Where we drink is where we march from, Couple thousand on a march will be hectic.

2 Likes

Shakespeare hotel is an excellent option for cheap pub grub and a beer. Think old school front bar.

It’s pretty damn small though.

The beer garden at the royal exhibition hotel right near central station and buses to scg is excellent for a large groups of sports fans, its usually the Sydney FC soccer fans prematch drinking spot for that reason.

I think although a pretty crappy pub, the Olympic makes sense due to its proximity to the best gate to enter for the efc (away team) cheers quad end of the ground.

I don’t work for any of the pubs mentioned and unfortunately won’t be there to enjoy a brewski. Just my scg/sydney experiences.

1 Like

I know why they have the bye now… it takes more than a week to decide where to go!

8 Likes

The cook is a ■■■■■■■ dive. So it’s perfect.

We use it for Victory away games. Place was ■■■■■■■ jam packed a league grand final day and it went ■■■■■■■ off. Because they are used to being an “away pub” all someone has to do is ring them and tell them we want to make it our pre game pub. They may even put a drink special on.

3 Likes

The Cook it is

Basically just call them and ask them what they can do for a fkload of bombers fans?

2 Likes

Yep, I did the same thing a few years back when victory played in western Sydney for the first time. Told him his pub would be packed by midday if he could give a decent special. He gave us $3 schooners and the look on the ■■■■■ face when his pub was packed by midday and the game wasn’t until 5.30 was price less.

3 Likes

800 meter walk to the ground as well the Cook.

So the Cook?

Sounds like it! @wasaharvsfanasakid?

2 Likes

Meet you there!

1 Like

So on entry every blitzer needs to yell out :"is there a koala in the house? "

5 Likes

Hey Blitzers
NSW Bombers are working on sorting a pub located nearby the ground
As soon as I hear from our esteemed NSW Bombers club prez I’ll post the details here on Bomberblitz probably in a new thread
I understand there’s some discussion with the EFC which could mean something / anything …
I’ll make sure everyone gets plenty of notice where all the die hard Dons will gather pregame - as DJR said lucky we have the bye week to get this sorted
This is a massive game for our club & I can tell you those of us up north here are freakin pumped

3 Likes

Yeah WOB maybe
See my post above

Roger that good stuff mate!

We are up above you in Bay 316. If anyone is up this way let me know.

So I booked my accomodation for this weekend accidentally. Now I’ve changed it for next weekend it’s cost me double. Unreal. Can’t believe it

3 Likes

I ■■■■■■■ hate that. Have done it a few times through those deal sites this year. I’ve barred myself from them now, I find the deal and call the hotel direct.