The travel thread - elimination final

That’s more of an Oxford Street thing.

1 Like

No drinks specials!

Can’t belieeeeeve it

■■■■ that.

Tell the Captain Cook that we’ll “discover” another fukn shithole to drink copious amounts of booze at.

4 Likes

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the e-mail.

As you can appreciate the final day will particularly busy and we welcome all fans .

However, we will not be in a position to offer any drink specials on the day. We look forward to a fun day …

Regards
Darren
Management.

The NSW Bombers crew are going to be at the Woollahra hotel with Sheeds from midday. Wrong side of the ground for mine. I reckon there’ll be plenty of pubs full of red and black from saturday lunchtime.

I will renew my nomination of the Shakespeare, and not just because I’m staying there.

Hey all Blitzers

So I’ve just got off the phone with our NSW Bombers Club prez & she does a hell of a job up here
We’ll be at the Woolahra Hotel @ 116 Queen St (as Syd posted above)
It’s about 20min walk to the SCG but note that gates at the Paddington (away supporters - that’s us) are at this end of the ground Moore Park Rd
Sounds like some crazy old plumber might be coming along before the game too
We’re planning a red & black march to the ground from there

About the Captain Cook - one of my fave pubs pregame but if you head there anyway be prepared that it’ll be absolutely packed (we all know how Swans supporters come out when they’re winning) so maybe best for us all to catch up there after they’ve gone home halfway thru the last

4 Likes

I’m staying pretty much next door to the Paddington markets so both the Woolahra and Cook are a close walk, I’m a little conflicted now

For those sitting at the northern end (e.g. in the infamous bays 46 and 47) I make the Woollhara just 3 minutes further walk to the SCG than the Cook.

Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

The Cook is the last pub from the walk up from Central Station, it gets very busy pre game, for afl and cricket. Bat and Ball is probably a bit more quiet, and a similar style of pub.

The Clock Hotel is nice too. It has a nice courtyard if it’s a nice day

P.S. Max of 18 degrees, partly cloudy but rain not predicted.

1 Like

See you at the Woolahra Hotel.

2 Likes

SHEEDS! sold :slight_smile:

Looks flash, I’m gonna stick out like a sore thumb

whynotboth.gif

@westozziebomber something makes me thinks once we kick on in a place the only movement is to our seats.
Woolahra sounds the GO, sheeds loves a drink so it will be a laugh.

1 Like

Woolahrah pre game

The cook post game

How’s that for a plan folks?

7 Likes

Logged on straightaway but was ordering 5 tickets, so no bay 46, no bay 47, best available bay 311, Victor Trumper stand. Don’t be too humble.

See, they worked out how to do it.