The travel thread - elimination final

Sheeds leading an Essendon march to the SCG ahead of one of our biggest finals in recent times? Yes please!

Plus, I imagine he’d be sledging Sydney the whole way. Very entertaining!

3 Likes

Just got an email about the Bomber Bus. The buses will drop everyone off at Woollahra around 11am and then we all march to the ground at 2.30pm.

2 Likes

A fairly refreshed crowd then. Good.

3 Likes

Scg holds 46k

Il be at the pub from 1. Tattooed guy, 43 on the back of my jumper, come say hi

I’m marching to the cook for another 1.5 hours of beers.

3 Likes

I know! That’s just under 2 hours before the game - and valuable drinking time!

I should be arriving just as the March departs.

Screw paying venue prices for 2 hours pre game.

Same. I’ll be there about 2.30pm.

Just read an article saying the club expects at least 10k of our fans to travel up for the game.

Was flicking through crowd attendance stats this year. Sydney averages 33k supporters at home.

I could ve wrong but isn’t that pretty damn close to capacity? They really need to upgrade that ground. I’d lengthen it and increase capacity by at least 15k, maybe 20k.

It’s only their members pavillion they’d need to keep. Murdoch needs to sell up some of fox studios next door for the common good.

Same
Not landing until 1:20 and then by time I get to hotel and check in it will be pushing it

1 Like

Was mentioned on radio that this will be the first time the SCG has been filled since renovations were completed

1 Like

Il be there from 1

43 on my jumper, covered in tats, il stick out. Come say g’day

5 Likes

Tiger?

Yep

I’ll be there from 1 as well. Looking forward to meeting people I’ve only ever known via a computer screen in person!

4 Likes

Likewise. How many of you? I’m going with my partner, my sister is arriving on virgin at the same time, we could split a cab to save drink money?

If I get a good taxi run I’ll be there at 2:31.

Hmm.

Murdoch/common good. LOL.

3 Likes

If you park closer to the ground do you get stuck for hours getting out?

Looking at the nearby high school car park