The truth (about the history of Blitz)

2 Likes

VD was earlier than that.

I joined in 04 and one of the first threads I read was about Vinnie hoping to avoid jail (or a conviction).

Obviously I was staying from then on…

1 Like

What happened to nandoz, used to post some great stuff in the EPL thread

Is MEAT still around?

MEAT posted recently in the Team thread.

3 Likes

Meat posted today in one of the threads. But it was very understated

2 Likes

Good observation.
He may have been sober !

Your Team needs a mention. Quality football poster and all round funny guy too. During my lurking phase I allways thought he was great value.

3 Likes

I remember when every blitz thread didn’t turn into a pun thread…

3 Likes

Went out on a date with YT

should be a limit. 3 puns in a row and the thread is automatically locked for an hour.

1 Like

Living the good life with his partner and young fella.
Still the same bloke, just not here very often anymore.

2 Likes

Who could forget YT’s Bollywood themed thread during the Knights era that saved the day when we were all thoroughly depressed with our club.

3 Likes

I remember there being some sort of crash or shutdown on BT that triggered the migration? I hadn’t been on BT for a while, and I got an email from a mod here (Andy/Andrew?) that said he’d set up an account for me. Checked BT, it was offline, so came here.

That was awesome!

‘We will penalise you! We will penalise you!’

1 Like

He got ahead of himself there.

Who started the Hitler posts? They were all time classics.

Also, VD Sucks (and his conspiracy theories). Didn’t he come back a year or so ago demanding something about his account be reinstated, then when @Riolio said no he ■■■■■■ off again?

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s when I crossed over from BT, in the early part of 2005. Wish I’d used the same handle I had there, but instead used the nickname of a pacer my dad part owned that had a pretty good record at the time.

Used to enjoy the music quiz but wondered if they were taken from somewhere else, as @Captain_Jack confirmed a few posts back.

What about the bloke about a year ago who posted an uber-long holocaust denial rant, which was wisely deleted fairly promptly. Think it was in the celebrity deaths thread.

Was it that farkwit AaronJohns?

Worst poster in blitz history, and potentially the worst person in Australia.

7 Likes